alarming questions.....

Any electrical issues

by Wabbitt1970 » Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:48 am

I'm busy wiring a new alarm... a few questions.

I figuered out from the last posts that the central locking is under the drivers foot well. no probs there.

where can I tap into the indicator lights, and also the main engine electrics. the alarm is supposed to let you cut the car out when you want, but I'm not sure which wire to tap into.

I'm sure that all this is in the engine bay, but I'm hoping not because I'll have to get through from the driver cabin.

Anyway... any help would be truly appreciated.
Wabbitt1970

by Mac » Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:03 am

I watched the guy install my cat1 today, All the stuff is on the passengerside well, Feul pump wire,indicators,window closer, central door lock and open. most of it is behind the glovebox in the main harness.
Hope this helps.
Mac

Re: RE: So what

by craigmcd82 » Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:45 am

Try the technical guide for installing the remote locking:
<a href="http://www.clubcalibra.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=18&page=1" target="_blank">http://www.clubcalibra.net/modules.php?op=...artid=18&page=1</a>

And the instructions that come with the kit, as this says what colour each wire is and where it can be found:
<a href="http://www.clubcalibra.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=getit&lid=13" target="_blank">http://www.clubcalibra.net/modules.php?op=...eq=getit&lid=13</a>

The indicator wires are black/green & black/white, and are under the door sill on the passenger side.
I forget the colours of the lock, unlock, & window close wires, but they are also there.

Couldnt tell you about the main engine electrics - sounds far too complicated for me!

HTH! [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]
craigmcd82

by Wabbitt1970 » Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:58 am

excellent. I found the indicator wires in the passenger footwell, and I found the two wires you talked about for the central locking.

My alarm has four configurations for the central locking. Negative Switch, positive switch, negative/positive switch, and a one for air operated locking.

I'm thinking the Black/blue and red/yellow opens the locking when it receives a positive witch, but I'm probably wrong. Any ideas?
Wabbitt1970

by IanW » Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:27 pm

The central locking works on a negative pulse I seem to remember from when i fitted mine many years ago now.
IanW

by craigmcd82 » Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:11 pm

Thats right... This has come up before - its negative pulse.

IIRC The red/yellow and black/blue wires just arm the factory alarm...
Im fairly sure the brown/white wire is the unlocking wire which opens the locks when it is earthed.

Dont take my word for it tho - If you want to know for sure, give the helpline a call on 02476 375999. They know what theyre on about and they are really helpful!

:thumb:
craigmcd82

RE: Crashed My Girlfriends MG ZR

by alarmbod » Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:52 pm

The locking colours are brown/white and brown/red and can both be found in the loom coming out of the passenger side door & are neg pulse.
Fuel Pump wire is found in the loom behind the glovebox but im not posting what it is on a public forum for security reasons. Send a pm and I'll be happy to tell you [img]/smile.gif[/img]
alarmbod

by Wabbitt1970 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:23 am

Thanks for the support so far. I'll pm you alarmbod... cheers for the help again.
Wabbitt1970

RE: Re: RE: Dont ever let ME buy a Turbo...

by Wabbitt1970 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:59 am

I pm'd you alarmbod, but haven't had a response. Is it possible that you can email me the locations and colours fo the wires I need to splice to <a href="mailto:Wabbitt1970@hotmail.com">Wabbitt1970@hotmail.com</a>?
Wabbitt1970

RE: Breaking silver Redtop

by fusion » Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:48 pm

I dont know if this is helpfull to anyone reading this but;
I fitted my Remote Central Locking kit to my calibra this moring,
To Lock/Unlock the doors your remote locking box will have to have a Negative Switch output,
The wires you need to lock/unlock are located behind the kick panel on the righthand side of the drivers footwell, the two wires you are looking for are a Brown wire with a RED trace on it, and a Brown wire with a WHITE trace, these go into the Central locking box and can be found on its connector coming out of the wring loom. You will see 2 brown/red wires and 2 brown/white wire going into the connector, either of these will be fine. The wire that is Brown with a RED trace is to lock the doors and the Brown with white trace is to unlock. You can get a power supply from the fusebox which is also in the drivers footwell, i got my power supply from the fuse at the bottom right of the fuse box which i think was for the electric windows (dont quote me!), solder onto one of the fuse connector. Get you earth connection from the bolts which hold the orgionla central locking unit in place.
hope this helps someone!
fusion

RE: Jap style bodykit on ebay

by Wabbitt1970 » Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:19 pm

thanks fusion... that's helped a lot. I think I'll have a go before new year rears it's ugly head, 'cause my hangover normally lasts about three days into work.

I don't need the indicator wires anymore, because I've wired those to my undercar neons.... looks really cool when you set and unset the alarm. [img]/smile.gif[/img] and you can see it a mile off if the alarm goes off.
Wabbitt1970

how do i know if my alarm is activated?

by Enigmatic » Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:15 am

hijacking this post for a sec***

my bro applied for a job earlier this week to work as a trainee alarm/technichan

did you know you have to be screened?

they wanted a check on criminal history, dvla etc

even going as far back as school

suppose this is relative to the industry as your dealing with security of cars

just something to add [img]/wink.gif[/img]
Enigmatic