Battery drain

Any electrical issues

by panthera » Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:55 pm

Has anyone expercienced excessive battery drain? The scenario being if car not driven for a week (usually gets driven once or twice a week) the battery goes flat and needs to be taken out and recharged. A garage has carried out diagnostics and found nothing. Gone through around 4 batteries in 12 - 18 months :?
panthera

RE: 15" Rial alloys

by ROG » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:33 pm

Sounds just like my callys both the same, if im going away over the weekend i have to charge them up overnight fully the day before or it wont start when i come back.3 batteries in 2 years, ive had it checked out a few times and theres never any faults found.
ROG

RE: What a nice xmas present! Not!

by Smurf » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:50 pm

Very strange. You haven't got an alarm which sucks loads of juice have you?

I went away on holiday in September for over two weeks. Came back and the V6 started without any real trouble at all.
Smurf

RE: Dim Charge Light

by Robert_Dale » Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:14 pm

yeh sounds like an alarm that mate?
Robert_Dale

RE: Battery drain

by cally228 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:22 pm

Mine did that last year. Turns out the switch for the boot light was knackered so it was on constantly, so I took the bulb out [img]/wink.gif[/img]
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by ROG » Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:28 pm

Mine must be the alarms then, 3 of them!, i just charge it up every week or 2
ROG

RE: Stripper (Very revealing!)

by FatLadZ » Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:38 pm

you could always buy a solar trickle charger to put back what the ultrasonics are taking out of the batt
fatz
FatLadZ

by Fostersice17 » Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:17 am

Dont get any problems with mine at all.Been away for a few weeks and started straight away.But then again i use mine every day [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]
Fostersice17

by Blossey » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:53 am

I use my turbo every day but on the occasions that I have left it alone for any period of time I've found my Clifford alarm drains my battery almost completely after about about two weeks and starts getting mildly upset after about 4 days without use. I guess if I turned off the proximity sensor then that would help, otherwise its just the flashing led thats drawing any power.
Blossey

RE: What a nice xmas present! Not!

by FatLadZ » Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:06 am

some ultrasonics have a massive drain on the battery
try setting the alarm without the ultrasonics for a few days see if that helps it.
usually you can do this by pressing the "arm" button twice on most alarms.
But if that doesnt do it try looking in the alarm user guide for your particular alarm.
fatz
FatLadZ

by panthera » Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:00 am

Had thought about alarm. As car is in a locked garage when off road tried leaving unlocked (on the assumption the alarm doesn't drain when car unlocked). Is my assumption correct or could it still be the alarm?
panthera

RE: Breaking silver Redtop

by FatLadZ » Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:31 am

the alarm will drain nothing if its not armed
you can lock the doors manually without the alarm on.
or most alarms allow you to put the alarm on without the ultrasonics
fatz
FatLadZ