Electric Window Problem!

Any electrical issues

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Grans a dad (name the baby contest)

by ickleric » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:48 pm

My driver side electric window doesn't work properly. When you press the button for 2 secs so it comes down all the way itself, this is fine. However if you keep hold of the button for 2 secs when closing the window it goes about 3/4 of the way up then stops. You have to try and tap the button a couple of times to put it up the rest of the way. I changed the fuse and it then only let me open and close it if i kep hold of the button, but then a couple of hours later is has gone back to how it was before. Also the passenger window was fine, i had no problem with this, but since i changed the fuse i have to manullay hold the button to put this up or down. I have put the original fuse back in and it made no difference.

Anybody come across this problem???
ickleric

Electric Window Problem!

by Dan Willis » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:56 pm

The windows need to be programmed.. hold the button until the window is open and then keep it held for around 5 seconds (you should hear a click) then do the same with it closed.
Dan
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by ickleric » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:10 pm

I have just tried that and i have fixed the passenger window.

However the drivers window won't go all the way up now, it has about a inch gap at the top and won't let me close it fully.

PLEASE HELP!!! it is pouring down with rain!!!
ickleric

by ickleric » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:34 pm

I have now managed to close it - i just went back to it. But it still only goes 3/4 of the way up. Any other ideas???
ickleric

by Toddy » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:31 pm

Does it do this with the door open and closed or only when the door is closed?
If it is just when the door is closed it sounds like the window is at the wrong angle and is catching on the seals making it stop/stick. Try it with the door open and see what it does looking at it from end on. There is a screw behinda plastic cap at the bottom of the door nearest the filler cap (if that makes any sense :| ). This screw is used to toe in the window, it might need a slight adjustment.
Another thing to check are the nuts for the link arms that move the window up and down, remove the door card and make sure non of these are slack causing misalignment of the window.
While the door card is off give the window components a spray with WD40 making sure not to get it all over the glass.

Let us know how it goes!!
Toddy

by projectx » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:52 pm

Just what I was going to suggest. My drivers door window sometimes doesn't go all the way up because the pillar pod that's been fitted causes the top window rubber to poke out more than usual. I've managed to adjust it a bit as above, and when it doesn't work, I just open my door while the window is going up [img]/smile.gif[/img]
projectx

RE: Astra GTE 16v

by ickleric » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:28 pm

how does the door card come off?? does it just pull off or are there screws???
ickleric

NEVER HIT A DEER ,IT WILL MAKE A MESS!!!

by trev150 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:05 pm

Screws along the bottom and inside the door handle.

Then the rest is just clips.

Trev
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by ickleric » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:19 pm

I have finally fixed it. I had to take the door card off and i managed to see that it wasn't sitting in the rubber seal properly. i finally managed to get it seated properly but one of the runners then kep coming out, but some how (don't know how [img]/laugh.gif[/img] ) i managed to get it to work.

Thanks for all your help guys!!! much appreciated!!
ickleric

by Toddy » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:27 pm

No problem, it's what were here for [img]/wink.gif[/img]
Toddy