wire colour

Any electrical issues

e-bay

by Tattooman » Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:28 pm

ok i cut the lead that goes into my volt/oil gauges, but the wire is twisted and i'm not sure which wire to join to which wire, mainly because the plastic sleeve has come off two of the wires! looking at the top of the connector as it would plug in, wire 1 is brown, wire 3 is black. anybody know what colour wires 2 and 4 are?need to extend wires to fit gauges above glovebox.
cheers guys [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]
Tattooman

by RobbieV » Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:37 pm

Hi Scott, have a look here mate :wink: [img]/smile.gif[/img]

<a href="http://www.clubcalibra.com/section/interactive/forum2002/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12833" target="_blank">http://www.clubcalibra.com/section/interac...?TOPIC_ID=12833</a>

Cheers Rob
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Tattooman » Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:01 pm

e-mail sent Robbie, i owe you one big time mate, you're a diamond [img]/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]
Tattooman

by RobbieV » Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:21 pm

Just glad to help out a fellow Calibra driver :wink: [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]

Cheers Rob
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Tattooman » Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:43 pm

Robbie, got the lead today mate, very professional too [img]/biggrin.gif[/img] easy to understand, top quality job mate, gonna do it tomorrow on my day off
thanks again Rob [img]/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]
Tattooman

by RobbieV » Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:00 pm

Hi, good to see it arrived ok [img]/smile.gif[/img] Have fun fitting it mate :wink:

Cheers Rob
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Tattooman » Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:50 pm

Robbie,
all wired up correctly but i think something more sinister lurks :shock: the volt gauge works fine but the oil pressure needle shoots right over to the right hand side and stays there. do i need a new pressure warning switch?
Tattooman

by RobbieV » Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:01 pm

Hi, mine does that aswell, i cleaned the connector on the pressure sender switch but sometimes it still goes way over and other times its normal (i think) Its something i dont know a lot about maybe someone else can post an answer :?: [img]/smile.gif[/img]

Cheers Rob
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Kieran_Burns » Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:18 pm

That single wire connected sender unit is a pain in the bum.

The connector needs cleaning, but the so does the one on the wire - they get covered in gunk really quickly - mine started playing up after about 6 months
Kieran_Burns

by Tattooman » Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:24 pm

i cleaned the connector on the pressure sender switch

where is this connector and can i get to it from the engine bay looking in?
Tattooman