Trying to install a trip computer...

Any electrical issues

by SteveU » Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:52 pm

Take the glove box back out again and using your left hand feel around behind the dash to the left of the radio and clock. You should find a fairly hefty wiring loom running vertically in this area about an inch thick. Once you've found this you're nearly there. Keep feeling around this loom (it may be trapped behind it between the loom and the dash) and you should eventually fell the yellow plug which is about 2 inches in length. It will almost certainly be cable tied to the big loom as well so be ready with a pair of side cutters as well.

Good luck, hope you find it!!
SteveU

by lee683 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:48 am

even if the plugs aint there get a wiring diagram and follow where all the wires go to
lee683

by Tattooman » Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:51 pm

i already have a temperature and time computer in mine, would it be just a case of taking this out and plugging a trip computer in, after having it reprogrammed?would i use the same connection that went into the back of the temp/time one?
Tattooman

by Fraz » Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:14 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Tattooman+--><div class='quotetop'>(Tattooman)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->i already have a temperature and time computer in mine, would it be just a case of taking this out and plugging a trip computer in, after having it reprogrammed?would i use the same connection that went into the back of the temp/time one?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No you need to find the yellow plug...but once you have that it is simple..plug in and away you go
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Tattooman » Tue May 18, 2004 6:52 pm

the switch plugs in at the back of where the white circled plug is? the connectors are different, wrong amount of prongs on the white switch, how does it fit?
Tattooman

Previous