Trying to install a trip computer...

Any electrical issues

by noelboy » Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:25 pm

I've got hold of a trip computer out of another 16v Calibra. Looking at the plug under the bonnet pin D has a brown/red wire going to it (which apparently means I have the loom for it ),but I cant find the yellow plug any where.I've had the glove box and the radio out and the plug doesn't seem to be there.Is there any other way I can see if the loom is actually in the car?
noelboy

Trying to install a trip computer...

by splinter » Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:31 pm

Hi, Well mine was hanging behind the head unit mate.
Or sometimes they fall behind glove box, Have a look there .
I get blown by Twins everyday !!!!

The old skyline gtr felt exciting even when it was in a car wash !!!!! :)
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Dawson16v » Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:44 pm

mine was taped up behind a load of wires..

you have to do a lot of hunting around..
Dawson16v

by noelboy » Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:59 pm

I'll have another look but I'm worried about breaking any cables while im rooting around.Where does the plug come from? Can't I check the other end and see if I even have one (so I'm not looking for something that isain't there)
noelboy

by Leigh » Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:39 pm

Mine was tucked between the plastic flap at the side of the radio tray and the glovebox side trim, so you couldn't see it from the glovebox side, pure luck and me being stubborn by following all the wires that I found it..

For reference, the foam covered thing in the middle/bottom right is the wiring for the Oil & volt gauge, just to give you an idea of whereabouts the pic is showing.
Leigh

by Dawson16v » Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:49 pm

Leigh - have you got a pic of the loom under the handbrake for the switch??
Dawson16v

by Leigh » Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:09 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Dawson16v+--><div class='quotetop'>(Dawson16v)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Leigh - have you got a pic of the loom under the handbrake for the switch??<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Only this one...

or this one (FC switch plug is the small white one on the right from memory..)
Leigh

by Fraz » Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:21 pm

the plug will be there ...just well hidden

this may also help

<a href="http://www.clubcalibra.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=14&page=1" target="_blank">http://www.clubcalibra.net/modules.php?op=...artid=14&page=1</a>
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Dawson16v » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:29 pm

Cheers Leigh!! thats exactly what i wanted!
Dawson16v

by chief » Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:09 am

where did you get your trip computer, scrappers or can they still be bought off the shelf want one for my 98 16v :?:
chief

by Col_UK » Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:29 am

vx dealers will do them although they;re not cheap
Col_UK

Sefton Park

by dtm_chris » Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:55 pm

I paid £50 for mine from V-Tuning. I did not have the under carpet loom to the switch, so I had to install that to the large multiplug in the passenger footwell. I found the yellow plug by removing the oil pressure and volt meter dials and reaching upwards from there. It was cable tied, so I have to cut that and pull it upwards to the trip computer location.
dtm_chris

by Col » Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:39 pm

chief, have a look on ebay. always one on there
Col

by chief » Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:46 pm

cheers for all the ideas guys ive just made a bid on ebay so watch this space fingers crossed eh!!! [img]/smile.gif[/img]
chief

by noelboy » Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:54 am

I spent ages looking behind the glovebox and feeling behind the radio and ashtray but still can't find the yellow plug. I've got the brown/red wire on pin D so apparently that means the plug is definitely there.
Where else can it be?
noelboy

Next