Dash!!

Any electrical issues

by Viglen » Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:13 pm

When i turn on the dash the battery light comes on and says on when driving etc i had the battery tested and it was charging but was told it will be the alternator. But also the the rev counter, fuel guage and temp guage dont work [img]/sad.gif[/img] . Any ideas could this be linked to the alternator

Thanks viglen
Viglen

by Shep » Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:54 pm

Sounds like a loose connector to me. pull out the dash and check the multiplugs are tight
Shep

by peter » Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:03 pm

check your fuses - my ciggie lighter blew and i had the battery light on all the time !!!!

Cheers

Pete
peter

Hi to all... newbie here

by noelboy » Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:33 am

I had the battery light stay on for me before as well. Turned out to be the alternator. Do the rest of the dash lights brighten as your revs get higher? On mine the voltage regulator died and as I drove the alt was overcharging the battery because it was putting out 16v. I blew a few dash bulbs because they couldn't handle it. Could be why your guages don't work?
noelboy

by Viglen » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:04 pm

Well when i start the car no battery light appears but as soon as i touch the accelerator pedal the battery light appears and it is really bright at first is was dull but now really bright does that sound like the alternator, oh the heated seats dont work either as well as the dials. :?
Viglen

by noelboy » Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:14 am

Yup, definitely sounds like the alt to me.
I think mine was about £70 for a 100amp one, or if you’re running a fancy ICE setup then it's maybe worth trying to get hold of a 120amp alt. I think there's a Bosch one that fits.
noelboy

by Viglen » Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:34 pm

Yeah i will go for the 100 as the ice is standard and will be for a while. Cheers noelboy.

viglen
Viglen