Pulling to the left

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

Pulling to the left

by ChrisV6 » Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:10 pm

Hi, all
The steering on my V6 seems to be pulling to the left, so im constantly driving straight but having the wheel turned 5-10% to the right.
any ideas on why this is as i have an MOT due shortly and need to get it sorted, im quite mechanily minded so will do the job myself, if poss.

Cheers
ChrisV6

by Smurf » Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:20 pm

Get the tracking checked out.
Smurf

by Robert_Dale » Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:27 pm

it costs about £20 mate
Robert_Dale

by ChrisV6 » Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:53 pm

Cheers guys that was my first port of call.
ChrisV6

by Fostersice17 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:44 am

Mine does this,it only slightly pulls to the left,And i have had the tracking digitaly done!! And new tyres!! But it still does it?
Fostersice17

by Animal » Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:20 am

I got told its to do with the camber of the roads, not sure how true it is.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by ChrisV6 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:34 pm

mmmmm interesting.
It needs a new MOT will this be a problem??
ChrisV6

by projectx » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:22 pm

Other than what's been mentioned, dodgy balancing on one wheel can sometimes cause this (though you usually get some vibration through the wheel as well).

And the other possibility, a buckle in one of your wheels (again would usually cause vibration).
projectx

by Maverick » Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:35 am

Despite comments already made, in agreement with Animal, some roads create strong pull. These are quite rare though I have found, so you are best just finding a nice well maintained road to test on, be it high speed or not. High speed with show the problem up quikcer if you loosen your grip on the wheel a little. Also just make sure that balance and tracking checks out as the other guys have mentioned.
Maverick