lowering a V6?

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

lowering a V6?

by orkid » Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:59 pm

Just wondered if anybody knows if V6 springs are the same as the 16v springs??

Thanks jake.
orkid

by hotrodjay » Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:30 pm

Im not sure but i wouldnt have thought so think the v6 ones would be a heaver sort due to weight of the car
hotrodjay

by orkid » Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:02 pm

wasn`t sure if they were the same type of springs or not? I think the v6 ones might just have a different poundage weight but im not sure????
orkid

by Mark1 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:21 pm

You will need springs made for a V6, don't use ons for a 16v.
Mark...........It's Red........It's a V6............It's an SE9!..............and She's bad.
Mark1@clubcalibra.net

ClubCalibra Best Presented 2006
ClubCalibra Best Presented 2010
ClubCalibra Best Interior 2011

My Garage
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

by Maverick » Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:24 am

Yeah you'll probably get away with it, but for legality and safety sake I would say DEFINITELY go with a V6 kit. They are not hard to come by. I bought a set from GMAX myself. Each have their preference, but GMAX do very resonably priced spring/shock kits and my car has been transformed by lowering.
Maverick

by fatboy_v6 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:02 pm

I looked into lowering my v6 recently and a set of springs to bring it down 35-40 mm only cost about £105 and yes they are different to the 16v to carry the extra weight
fatboy_v6

by widget » Tue May 03, 2005 12:53 pm

I just bought an a set of Avo springs as they dropped the least amount (i have a bugger of a drive and live in speed bump city - also didn't want the ride to harsh as do 600 miles a week) - 25mm according to the blurb.

must admit - am very impressed by the handling now - but am a little dissapointed with how they look. hardly seems to have dropped the front at all - but has dropped the back a lot - looks like I've just got something heavy in the boot! :-(

still early days though - am hoping the fronts will settle down after a little more time.

I got new springs as the rear camber was shagged with the old original springs - still not much better with the new ones! (even though drop is allegdely only 25mm)

Graham
widget