Turbo on 18's and Apex suspension

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

Turbo on 18's and Apex suspension

by Marcus_Turbo » Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:23 am

Hi, this is my first thread, so bare with me!

I have owned the Cali for 4 years now and have tinkered with it for most of it, I have just fitted 18's (et45 - 215/35/18 Toyo) with Apex suspension (springs and dampers) and camber correction kit...

My problem is, I have rub on the drivers side, but only on the drivers side, the passengers never touches, which is starting to get to me as it looks Sweeeet![img]/biggrin.gif[/img] but rub on bumps and even when I go down a hil which changes to an incline quickly.[img]/sad.gif[/img]

So.. what do you experts think? it has puzzled me, I am now thinking the 18's may have been machined differently!?:confused:
Marcus_Turbo

by FatLadZ » Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:46 am

firstly welcome to the site [img]/smile.gif[/img]

i reccomend that you make sure that the subframe is tight on the car and also check that your springs are seated correctly on the drivers side [img]/smile.gif[/img]
fatz
FatLadZ

by Marcus_Turbo » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:05 am

Thanks!

The sub frame is V tight, all checked over when replacing the bushes (had to lower the sub frame).

It is only the drivers front that rubs, the rear is spot on, never touches!
Marcus_Turbo

by Chavtastic » Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:54 pm

Funny that I had exactly the same wheels, tyres and even springs (-35mm Apex?) and no rubbing, unless I had a fat passenger.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by projectx » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:09 pm

You sure it's not just your weight on the right hand side making the difference. If you have someone the same weight as you in the other side, does that then catch?

Failing that, could be the plastic wheel arch inner is sitting differently on that side, outside of what others have already suggested.
projectx