ABS Help!!

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

ABS Help!!

by Tigerbuc2004 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:40 pm

Driving along I suddenly noticed my ABS light came on :confused: , didnt know why so I stopped, called a mate who had no ideas, started her up again and no light!!

Anyone help? Is it simple (not costly), like fluid or is it dangerous?

Hope someone can help, its an 8v Calibra
Tigerbuc2004

by Stupink » Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:48 pm

Just check the fluid level, then see how it goes. it might never come on again, or it might be an early warning that you're about to loose a sensor from a break in the wire or poor reading etc.. nothing to worry about so long as your brakes work ok tho, you'll never loose your breaking system when the abs trips out, just loose the ABS and have to go back to cadence braking etc etc...
Toyota Mr-2 roadster turbo
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Tigerbuc2004 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:57 pm

Cheers mate, will check, that is a relief
Tigerbuc2004

by jayl645 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:04 pm

mines been doing for a couple of months mines a 8v to,have u checked to see if there is any codes on the ecu,it will flash 12 3 times then the problem codes,ive got code 37 and i dont know how to fix it,it sounds like the same prob as mine because when i turn it off and then on again my abs light doesnt come on again for ages,
there is a how to do it on <a href="http://www.topbuzz.co.uk" target="_blank">www.topbuzz.co.uk</a> hope this helps,
jay
jayl645

by Tigerbuc2004 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:48 am

Thanks Jay, will have a look see if there is a code, have you had yours looked at at all, and have you tried going through an mot with it like this?
Tigerbuc2004

by jayl645 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:57 pm

hi,i havent had to mot it yet as it came with full mot,the light started coming on about a month after the mot,
i havent has it looked at yet,
i would like to know what code u have got to see if its the same as mine!!
cheers jay
jayl645

by Tigerbuc2004 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:14 pm

will try and look in nice weather!!!!

Cheers mate
Tigerbuc2004

by dicky » Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:23 pm

Try changeing the brake light bulbs i found that the ABS light comes on if a bulb need changing. But do the paper clip test and it will tell u.
dicky