Schttopp schtopp

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

Schttopp schtopp

by cchapman191 » Thu May 26, 2005 11:43 pm

Ok I was driving along a road fairly swiftly and had to break not hard or anything and there was a ridge in the road which caused quite a knock to the front wheels. When the car hit the "ridge" I had my foot on the breaks and then my foot seemed to just go straight to the floor and this stopped the car from breaking.

There is nothing wrong when the road is flat and I have to break hard it is just when there is a knock to the front wheels.

There is also an occasional "twang" sensation when I am stationery and and turning the wheel with my foot applied to the break.

Sorry for the long post but with a 5 year old daughter I need to be sure I am clear and I get a decent response.

Thanks
Craig
cchapman191

by Rusty_CallyT » Thu May 26, 2005 11:53 pm

sounds like ABS kicking in if the pedal drops away from your foot
Rusty_CallyT

by cchapman191 » Fri May 27, 2005 12:01 am

Thanks Rusty for the quick reply !

Seems strange, I know I have never had ABS on a car before but it seemed as though it wasn't stopping.
Also with the Twanging thing when I am turning the wheel sometimes the ABS light comes on
cchapman191

by Dan Willis » Fri May 27, 2005 10:03 am

Sounds like there is a real problem with your brakes somewhere.. try bleeding the system first of all.

On my ABS system the pedal does not "drop to the floor", it merely vibrates like the usually explained "machine gun effect".
Dan
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Rusty_CallyT » Fri May 27, 2005 3:17 pm

Well no the pedal shouldnt hit the floor but when the ABS comes on the pedal feels like its dropped away (in the cars iv driven its the only way i can describe it) but its worth getting it checked out especially if the pedal is hitting the floor.
Rusty_CallyT

by jayl645 » Fri May 27, 2005 7:38 pm

i would say get your break servo looked at asap,if its on the way out and it gos u wont have any front breaks,
jayl645