strut brace question

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

strut brace question

by plank "o da& » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:06 pm

i'm thinking of getting a strut brace for my cally 8v, i have had a good look round, and have decided that i would like an alloy one, but the only seem to make them for 16v's, i dont want a steel one.

would a 16v brace fit my 8v, to be honest i cant see any reason why it shouldn't, but if anyone out there can tell me, it would be greatly appreciated.
plank "o da&

by ROG » Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:30 pm

Ive just fitted one to my turbo, it fitted onto my 16v as well and he said it was ok for 8v as well, i got a steel one from ebay , germany, because it came with a rear one, a front one and a front lower one for about 50 euros!
ROG

by imcsherry » Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:33 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-ROG+--><div class='quotetop'>(ROG)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->it came with a rear one, a front one and a front lower one for about 50 euros!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Have you got a link for that?
imcsherry

by ROG » Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:59 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-imcsherry+--><div class='quotetop'>(imcsherry)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Have you got a link for that?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=40192&item=7976621946&rd=1" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...7976621946&rd=1</a>

THe only problem i had was that on the front bar i had to undo one bolt each end and change left side to right side, possibly because its made for left hand drive cars?
ROG

by BazV6er » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:04 pm

rog

what do they give the handling a better feel and also did it add any extra on yur insurance mate?
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by ROG » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:08 pm

Ive not put the bottom front one on yet (well it went on then camer off to change the exhaust!), it feels more steady round tight bends at high speed and now squeals around corners in the tescos (havent got a clue why?), it didnt add anything to my insurance as ive got my turbo as a company car with any mods accepted, i just have to tell them! no difference as long as its main use is for the company!, my car is the old 16v, if i put it on that it went up by 50 pound a year!
ROG

by imcsherry » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:51 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-ROG+--><div class='quotetop'>(ROG)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin--><a href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=40192&item=7976621946&rd=1" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...7976621946&rd=1</a>

THe only problem i had was that on the front bar i had to undo one bolt each end and change left side to right side, possibly because its made for left hand drive cars?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanks [img]/smile.gif[/img]
imcsherry

by plank &quot;o da& » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:43 pm

thanks rog, having seen these, i'm now swayed towards these..especially as you can get the fronts..top and bottom and the rear, and in a lovely shade of blue.[img]/biggrin.gif[/img]
plank &quot;o da&

by callymental » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:41 pm

Rog, how long did yours take. I paid for the same ones two weeks ago and nothing yet. Have emailed them today.
callymental

by ROG » Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:51 am

i got mine last wek on wednesday, im not sure when i bnought it but if you look at the link above on purchases you should be able to see wgrhglshp, thats when i bought it, took a couple of weeks i think, i was starting to think he ripped me off but its just the slow postage in this country after it gets here!
ROG

by callymental » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:55 pm

Mine finally arrived today. Three weeks. damn postal service. Were your adjustable bits still secured to each end of the brace or had they come apart. Mine had.

I also assume the solid bar is the lower front brace. Have not tried loooking yet.
callymental

by ROG » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:12 am

I presumed that they were posted in 2 bits they push/knock together and you cant pull them apart again, the small solid bar is the lower front brace, i put it inbetween the wishbones on the subframe, havent got a clue were else it was supossed to go so i put it there!
ROG

by imcsherry » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:18 am

Paid for mine today too, quite a bargain.
imcsherry

by Dan Willis » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:24 am

I ordered these last week! They look the part and should help... should. [img]/smile.gif[/img]
Dan
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by plank &quot;o da& » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:01 pm

well, all i have to do is wait, but have also managed to get the oil and volt vdo's from e-bay...£36.00 bargain [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]
plank &quot;o da&