My back end is 20mm higher than my front end!

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

by ric » Sun Mar 21, 2004 7:24 pm

Does anyone else have this problem? I have lowered my 16v, m-reg Ecotec calibra 40mm all round and wondered if cutting a bit off the rear springs would be a good idea? Perhaps i need some different rear springs. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers, Ric.
ric

by Mark1 » Sun Mar 21, 2004 7:41 pm

It will come down, how long have they been on? you will need to drive it for abit. Please don't cut springs or they will never seat properly
Mark...........It's Red........It's a V6............It's an SE9!..............and She's bad.
Mark1@clubcalibra.net

ClubCalibra Best Presented 2006
ClubCalibra Best Presented 2010
ClubCalibra Best Interior 2011

My Garage
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

by ric » Sun Mar 21, 2004 7:55 pm

They have been on for 5 months now. The back end was 20mm higher than the front when it was standard though.
ric

by Smurf » Sun Mar 21, 2004 8:02 pm

I think everyone's back is higher, both of my Calibra's have been.

As I haven't had a car lowered before I can't comment on how to get round it; but I think a few people have lowered a bit more at the back than the front.
Smurf

by SteveU » Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:19 pm

This problem is due to the standard shocks (don't know why but it is). If you put lowered and uprated shocks on all round it will level the height out.
SteveU

off the clock/your top 16v speed?

by ecosseM » Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:36 pm

i had similar prob with mine when i fitted rear dial bushies. i contacted regal and ordered 2 rear springs to what i wanted, now car sits great. aprox £90 for then tho, worth it when when your happy with how car sits
ecosseM

by ric » Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:40 pm

Excellent, i might give them a call soon. Thanx
ric

by GAZA62 » Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:42 pm

RIC this is the natural stance of the car as with a lot of modern cars something to do with drag eficency i think as the new big Citroen lowers its front end when you hit a certain speed on the motorway to save fuel.

I had mine lowered 35mm at COURTENAY with new shocks and springs and it still sits higher at the rear(see pic) even after a few years was thinking about dropping the back a bit more but worried may upset the handeling plus i use the car to go away in the summer and put a lot in the boot so could cause rubbing probs.

[img][img]http://work.aevans.net/uploads/qQbdGp5GblgA.jpg[/img][/img]
I it was not for bad luck i'd have no luck at all
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by GAZA62 » Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:44 pm

RIC this is the natural stance of the car as with a lot of modern cars something to do with drag eficency i think as the new big Citroen lowers its front end when you hit a certain speed on the motorway to save fuel.

I had mine lowered 35mm at COURTENAY with new shocks and springs and it still sits higher at the rear(see pic) even after a few years was thinking about dropping the back a bit more but worried may upset the handeling plus i use the car to go away in the summer and put a lot in the boot so could cause rubbing probs.

[img][img]http://work.aevans.net/uploads/qQbdGp5GblgA.jpg[/img][/img]
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by ric » Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:12 pm

Cheers Gaz, bloody nice wheels mate! what are they?
ric

by GAZA62 » Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:16 pm

CHEERS RIC they are INTRA P LINES [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

check this out one of the funniest cartoons i have seen

by DAN » Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:31 pm

put some -60mm springs on the back, that will sit it down nicely [img]/smile.gif[/img]

Have a look at my gallery pics of my old SE4. -60mm all round
DAN

by calibra2zero » Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:46 am

mine sits fine [img]/smile.gif[/img] 40mil all round i think, only had the car 2 days!
calibra2zero