help whats going on ere(video)

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

help whats going on ere(video)

by Welsh_Andy » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:54 pm

just coming back home had to hit the brakes,not excessive but more than usual,but when i hit the brakes i heard a massive crack,and now if i apply the brake i hear a crack,not a clunk but a crack, looking under the car cant seem to find anything,took wheel off(O/S where the noise is coming from) but still cant find nowt.
took calipers off as well but still cant find out what the prob could be

ideas??

VIDEO Below ps need to turn it up 2 hear
<a href="http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=PICT01142123" target="_blank">http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=PICT01142123</a>
Welsh_Andy

by Stupink » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:47 pm

thats a very strange one, and if the caliper and disk are definatly not loose, then what about the driveshaft/gearbox etc?? can you replicate the noise with the wheel jacked in gear spinning it forward/backwards, or do the brakes need to be applied?
Toyota Mr-2 roadster turbo
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Welsh_Andy » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:08 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Stupink+--><div class='quotetop'>(Stupink)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->thats a very strange one, and if the caliper and disk are definatly not loose, then what about the driveshaft/gearbox etc?? can you replicate the noise with the wheel jacked in gear spinning it forward/backwards, or do the brakes need to be applied?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

io have heard the noise once or twice with out brakes applied,generally on a bumpy surface,but tis more apparent when brakes are applied sharply
Welsh_Andy

by wilza0 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:11 pm

could well be the wishbone bushes or the aintilink roll bar check these first before buying a drive shaft if it is a drive shaft which side if its the pass side let me know i have one spare for the same mistake i had
wilza0

by Welsh_Andy » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:16 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-wilza0+--><div class='quotetop'>(wilza0)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->could well be the wishbone bushes or the aintilink roll bar check these first before buying a drive shaft if it is a drive shaft which side if its the pass side let me know i have one spare for the same mistake i had<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
i have 2 brand new wishones put on bout 3wks ago. i think its drivers side where the noise is coming from. think i book into vox to find out what the prob is then take it from there, but if its the drive shaft doesnt that generally mean the gearbox has had it too
Welsh_Andy

by Welsh_Andy » Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:15 pm

i sorted it,found out that the wishbone nut had worked its self loose, i guess havib rock hard suspension puts more force through them,and basically shoke it loose.[img]/smile.gif[/img]
Welsh_Andy