Squeeky squeeky !

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

Squeeky squeeky !

by cchapman191 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:16 pm

Can someone please tell me how the hell to stop my breaks from screeching.

I too it to Vauxhall who said the pads are good and the disks are fine.

The damn thing are embarrassing !

Thnaks
cchapman191

by wilza0 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:16 pm

copper grease mate you are getting vibratons comming back through the callipers i take it you have just had new pads and discs put on try the copper grease [img]/smile.gif[/img]
wilza0

by Chavtastic » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:35 pm

Make sure the pads are making contact square with the disc also.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Andy_Turbo4 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:36 pm

make sure you put it on the back of the pad and not the front:eek: and dont spread it on like butter, just a thin layer.
Andy_Turbo4

by Iva Biggen » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:20 pm

a bit like the question i asked here the other week... still haven't copper greased the damn things yet! now i can hear my suspension squeeking?!
Iva Biggen

by cchapman191 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:28 pm

Ok now the really silly question

How do I grease them up ?
cchapman191

by wilza0 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:52 pm

take the front callipers off and take the pads out you will see two lugs at the top and two at the bottom put a smear round the top and bottom then if you look at the back of the pad you will see in the middle a prong type thing not sure on its name put some on that aswell and dab a bit on the back of the pad do this for all the pads but whatever you do DONT for god sake get any on the front of the pad or the disc it will result in having no brakes you could also put some on the retaining clip but just the ends then after all is done you will need to bleed i will be very suprised the vauxhall didnt pick up on it but hey thats vaux for you
wilza0