callys and cambers, dont you jus love em?

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

callys and cambers, dont you jus love em?

by akuma » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:48 pm

i jus got my car back from the good ole vauxhall people, she was put in for a 4 wheel alinment and a few bushs on the front wish bone, and the top mont suspension replacment. and when i got her back the camber was still out on the rear. so, i propose. if there is any one out there in cally land that has a sure fire way of sorting the rear camber out once and for all. please email me, and i'll pay ya to do it...as long as you dont live to far from me anyway. would do all this hacking and drilling myself but i dont have the skill nor the tools. thanks in advance for any one who replys.
ps my car back fires every once in a while at 3-4,000 revs. any ideas?
thanks

the darday
akuma

by Toddy » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:36 pm

Buy an anti camber kit, give Wallace Performance a ring on <!--fonto:Tahoma--><span style="font-family:Tahoma"><!--/fonto-->01224 708444.<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
<!--fonto:Tahoma--><span style="font-family:Tahoma"><!--/fonto-->[/font]
[font=Tahoma]I fitted one to my Cally Turbo when it was lowered to stop the Tx Box from blowing up:D <!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Toddy

by akuma » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:36 pm

well i phoned them up and gonna order a kit on friday. i jus hope this really sorts it out so i can finally start on the power and stylings of the car.
akuma

by joeraz » Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:07 pm

just make sure they dont charge u £99 for 2 bushes that should cost £33+vat
joeraz

by akuma » Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:58 pm

well looks like the bushs will have to wait, gotta get a full set of brakes, a new crank shaft sensor along with jus having a full service (gits left out the sparks and air filter), and i got a problem with there being play in the front struts. any one else had this problem and know how to sort it?
thanks
akuma

by King Calibra » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:03 pm

Usually, it's the top mount on the shock tower. Either the one on top of the Strut tower, or the one under it that holds the spring in place.

You can remove the top mount with the car sitting on the ground, and inspect it.
King Calibra

by daddycool » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:35 pm

Where exactly is the 'play' in the strut?
daddycool

by akuma » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:48 am

thinks its at the top mounts. i get a clunk when i turn left and right. oh and one more thing. what the brake size on the front and back of the face lift 95 models, its hell finding the right ones, same with pads. got a set but not sure if they right. gonna attempt fitting them today.
thanks loads
akuma

by akuma » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:10 pm

ok the new set of brakes didnt fit. the pads where too wide (ebc green stuff.) and as for the brakes. the main diamiter was the same was as the old discs, but the inner hub diamiter was too small (all other brake bits jus standered replacements). any help? these brakes are really peeing me off.
akuma

by Naz » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:02 pm

sorry but what model do you have?!!
Naz

by akuma » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:16 am

a late 95 calibra turbo on a w chassi/vin....thingy
akuma