Front Disks

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

by Phantom » Tue May 18, 2004 7:46 pm

How many miles do you reckon you should get out of a pair of 284mm disks? as I've just checked mine and the grooves have almost disappeared from them. I reckon that I've done 20k miles on them but i'm still on the same set of pads which have only worn by about 50%
Phantom

by jaybv6 » Tue May 18, 2004 7:53 pm

depends on the compund of your pads? I used to get about 15k out of my old discs and they used to warp before they eventually wore out.
jaybv6

by jaybv6 » Tue May 18, 2004 7:53 pm

Oh, it's also down to driving style aswell, if you know what I mean :wink:
jaybv6

by vauxhallman » Wed May 19, 2004 12:14 pm

Hmm, something tells me you do a lot of breaking. I replaced my original discs at about 67k. They were pretty shot by that point though admittedly.
vauxhallman

by Phantom » Mon May 24, 2004 1:58 am

yeh I must admit that I do brake heavily but the pads are stock vaux ones, would have thought they would have worn out first though
Phantom

by Fostersice17 » Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:32 pm

Well i have Tarox g88 discs,And i hope i get more than 15k out of them :shock:
Fostersice17

by Stupink » Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:52 am

Grooves might just be filled with cooked brake compound.. try giving them a scrape out. I'm not even sure the grooves are machined to the minimum depth, so they might have life yet anyway.
Toyota Mr-2 roadster turbo
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by rik@rmd » Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:24 am

Guess to do with personal driving style.. rarely get more than 10k out of brakes or pads... but that says more bout me that brakes!lol

have found unless you wanna spend good money on pads, stick with stnadard spec AP lockheed stuff. only comparable is green stuff for price and they evaporated almost instantly... warping disks as well!!!

if you wanna spend decent money, the world is your oyster in terms of performance, but remember.. key aspect in braking power is clamping force.. and this is increased greatly by disc diameter.. not trick pads..

Hope i can be of help

Rick
rik@rmd