ABS intermiting fault

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

by calibradeek » Fri May 21, 2004 12:49 am

My ABS light keeps coming on i dont have a clue whats up i'll start the car drive the light is out. It usally goes on when i turn full lock or make a sharp turn. I turn the ignition off and it seems to reset it

Anybody have any ideas what could be the problem
calibradeek

by Leigh » Fri May 21, 2004 12:58 am

If it's soleyl when turning sharp or full lock , is it only in one direction?

You can get the fault code flashed out on the dashboard on a lot of the models, and it will tell you which sensors and what fault (to an extent).

Mine was lighting up on a too frequent basis, I read the code out and it said nearside front something something, when I checked there was load of 'crap' around the sensor, I cleaned it off , and since then it hasn't done it again (about 1 month ago..)
Leigh

by Topbuzz » Fri May 21, 2004 12:32 pm

read the fault codes out for free with a paper clip.
see my guide at <a href="http://www.topbuzz.co.uk" target="_blank">www.topbuzz.co.uk</a> under info > tech > ABS fault codes

Could be 2 things
1) durt/debris around crown wheel
2) break in wire loom for ABS sensor under wheel arch

Mine was the same, mine was due to a broken wire in the loom. I repaired it myself as I'm an elecronics engineer, a new ABS senor from VX was £50.
Alan Knight (Topbuzz)
=======================
W: www.topbuzz.co.uk
E: webmaster@topbuzz.co.uk
=======================
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by calibradeek » Fri May 21, 2004 5:15 pm

cheers for the coments. If giving a clean doesnt sort it I'll try the paper clip thing when i get a chance then hopefully get it sorted
calibradeek