For Those Who Have Lowered With Bodykit...

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

by Smurf » Fri May 21, 2004 4:15 pm

Quick question for all of you - how often does your front skirt ground out? My V6 is currently at standard height but I think it'd look a lot better if I just dropped it 30mm or so. My only worry is that it grounds out at the moment in some multi-storey car parks, so by dropping it I'm just going to be making the situation worse [img]/sad.gif[/img] The front skirt is ABS and not fibre glass.

I really think it'd look better dropped a bit but also want it to be as practical as it is now. Is such a thing possible? :?
Smurf

by CHARLIE » Fri May 21, 2004 4:18 pm

no way....not possible to be practical...possible to look awesome though.... mines lowered 35mm + its a pain in the bum!! but i love the look so i take the longest route possible to avoid all speed bumps. i dont use multistories!
CHARLIE

by DAN » Fri May 21, 2004 6:19 pm

Neil, you saw how low my old SE4 was didnt you? That was a real pain but then again it was -60mm on 17's.
The worst place was the side skirt near the rear wheel as that was the lowest point and as you went over a bump with the front, by the time it reached the rear the front wheels were obviously back on the road closing the gap right down at the rear. I had a few problems with the front skirt, especially when driving in petrol stations and pulling in and out of junctions, which is one of the reasons why I got rid of the car.

You could always go for 18's and drop it and maintain a good ground clearance

cheers
DAN

by gran » Fri May 21, 2004 7:09 pm

well on 17's it was proper low on 19's its 2high........... but thats all in hand :wink:

if you use speedbumps / multis alot then dont drop her, mine was too low i couldnt get it up the drive without putting scaffold boards down each time i wanted to go in or out.

does look good tho!
gran

by Smurf » Sat May 22, 2004 12:49 am

Thanks for the replies [img]/smile.gif[/img]

I'll be keeping her standard height I think [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]
Smurf

by Col_UK » Sat May 22, 2004 1:07 am

neil mine doesn't scuff at the front at all even over speed bumps and I'm lowered 35mm all round
rear catches so much i've worn a hole in it, i'll take a picture tomorrow for u to see
Col_UK

by gran » Sat May 22, 2004 8:15 am

LOL @ col!

my rear scraped so much on the 17s that the whole rear bumper ended up sitting on a railway crossing! its impossible 2get anywhere lowered with it.
gran

by martynlewins » Sat May 22, 2004 8:37 am

40mm and bodykit and I cant even get up my own drive now! Grrrrrrrr

Although my 8v was 60mm and no bodykit and never had a problem with that....
Go on lower it!!!! You know you wanna!!
martynlewins

From a mate of mine - tech help req'd

by DAN » Sat May 22, 2004 6:44 pm

Here is a pic of my old SE4, I couldnt drive it anywhere in the end [img]/smile.gif[/img]
DAN