G max springs

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

Pad wear indicators

by V6-steve » Mon May 24, 2004 2:36 pm

Just wondered if anyone had used G max springs before and wanted to know wot they thought of them. I've got some at home but everyone else on here advises using the eibach ones. they're more expensive but I dont wanna be using s**t springs if they're going to ruin my shocks [img]/sad.gif[/img]
Did anyone have any problems when fitting the springs or is it fairly straight forward. I'm getting 17" alloys soon on my V6 and the springs lower it 35mm so it should look good :twisted:
cheers
V6-steve

by RobbieV » Wed May 26, 2004 3:38 pm

Hi Steve, Ive just put Gmax springs on my V6 lowered it by 40 mm and i have to say iam very happy with it, gonna have to give it time to settle [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]
As for the job of changing them have a look at this thread, Fraz added a post on how to change the springs

<a href="http://www.clubcalibra.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1682" target="_blank">http://www.clubcalibra.net/index.php?name=...iewtopic&t=1682</a>

Also my post after i done the job [img]/smile.gif[/img]

<a href="http://www.clubcalibra.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=2996" target="_blank">http://www.clubcalibra.net/index.php?name=...iewtopic&t=2996</a>

I`ll give it a few weeks for the springs to settle and then i`ll put up a post about how the car is handling [img]/smile.gif[/img] at the moment she feels good :wink: [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]

Cheers Rob
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Dawson16v » Wed May 26, 2004 3:49 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-V6-steve+--><div class='quotetop'>(V6-steve)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->everyone else on here advises using the eibach ones.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I would definatly recommend Eibachs. Although i have only felt different (cheaper) springs in other cars, not the cally. I am still well chuffed with my ride though.

I was the same and didnt want to spend much, but i cant beleive i was going to compromise! The Eibachs are an awesome ride.. and are some how still very comfortable and practical.

IMO though..

Rob also seems to be very happy with his so the Gmax must be quite good.
Dawson16v

by thesaint » Wed May 26, 2004 3:52 pm

I've got g-max springs and dampers lowered 40mm on 17"s for my V6, looks the biz mate, springs are a bit harsh but handling at speed is nice and super grippy.

cheers
Pat.
thesaint

by RobbieV » Wed May 26, 2004 3:59 pm

My Gmax springs were brand spanking new, never used, still in the original box and cost me £60 of Ebay bargain :wink:
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Dawson16v » Wed May 26, 2004 4:42 pm

Blimey.. absolute bargain!! I paid £130 for the Eibachs!
Dawson16v

by RobbieV » Wed May 26, 2004 4:56 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Dawson16v+--><div class='quotetop'>(Dawson16v)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Blimey.. absolute bargain!! I paid £130 for the Eibachs!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Eibach put their prices up this year and can cost up to £180 :shock: for the V6. Thats a lot of dosh for springs so i jump at the Ebay bargain, Alot of people rave about the Eibach springs but theres a lot of people out there using different springs with no problems.
Steve if you already have the springs then fit them mate, you can always change back if you dont like them. As for me, well i very happy with my set up, A 40mm drop does make the cally look great and as i said in another post GOODBYE MR GAP :wink: [img]/laugh.gif[/img]
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by V6-steve » Wed May 26, 2004 6:52 pm

thats pretty much exactly what I want; to get rid of that HUGE gap in the wheel arches.
thanks for all the feedack, looks like i'm gonna put the G max springs on and then hopefully get some eibachs later when I've got more money.
Cheers
V6-steve

by RobbieV » Wed May 26, 2004 6:58 pm

I was thinking the same Steve, but now the Gmax springs are on and having driven around on them its gonna be a long time before i go to Eibachs, iam happy with the Gmax setup one day i might look into changing the shocks but for the time being that can wait [img]/smile.gif[/img]
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net