Knocking from front

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

Knocking coming from front of my 92 8v

by Pirate » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:56 pm

[glow=red] Its hard to say when it is doing the knocking. On uneven road surfaces, cornering, most of the time.

I know its not that great a disciption - sorry guys!

cheers aimx
Pirate

by vinny_69 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:37 pm

have you checked your droplinks?
vinny_69

by RAINMAKER » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:34 pm

Hi all as some of you know i recently rebuilt the whole suspension on the cally, ref the front a complete refurb of all components..after running the car for a period of around 300 miles i had a knocking on the front reappear (drivers side)..So today i went back over the whole front set up and rechecked everything every nut bolt etc..nothing seemed out of order untl i looked at the bolts for the wishbones to the subframe they had play in them..i decided to re-torque these to spec and re-run the car but the knock remained.. so back on the ramps and i replaced the said bolts with new ones and set to required torque... problem now solved..
RAINMAKER

by vinny_69 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:04 pm

thats a bit of weird one neil the old bolt was it missing any threads or anything?
vinny_69

by RAINMAKER » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:05 pm

no mate bolt when removed looked fine but put the new ones in and now no problem..
RAINMAKER

by vinny_69 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:09 pm

well done mate =D> still sounds a bit weird but atleast you got to the bottom of it
vinny_69

Previous