Disk condition for MOT

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

by Stupink » Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:57 am

Anyone know a reference site with details on MOT requirements for Disk condition???

My pads wore out at castle combe-ish, so the disks are a little bit scored, I cant remember how bad, I've got new pads to stick on, but I don't know how bad disks have to be before they will fail them.. Anyone know?

I have no MOT so I cannot run the disks in to get them flatter [img]/sad.gif[/img] more than a lenghty route to the mot station which i will need to do for the pads anyway. I don't want to spend on them unless i HAVE to because i'll be throwing them away again after 1-2months use max... I just want to get the car road legal to make the RR meet to get a base power reading before i start playing [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]
Toyota Mr-2 roadster turbo
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Re: I'm the only one on

by Admin » Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:42 am

<a href="http://www.motuk.com/mot_manual/3-5.htm#14" target="_blank">http://www.motuk.com/mot_manual/3-5.htm#14</a>

Thats part of the MOT testers manual, although all it does say is that they are not <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->a brake disc or drum insecure, cracked or excessively scored, pitted or worn<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Admin

by Stupink » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:47 pm

Cheers mate!!!
I think I will stick the pads on and give it a go then, If they look too bad once i've got them off while fitting the pads i'll drop them down to the mot station and ask them before i re-fit it all [img]/smile.gif[/img]
They're lightly cracked and scored, but i dont think either are exessive.. they're practically new, only been thru one set of pads!!!! about 8months of driving.
Toyota Mr-2 roadster turbo
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by yunis » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:56 pm

lol te way u drive and rang kelly theyd be warped in one track day!!!
yunis

by Naz » Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:46 pm

Stu

for MOT they can't fail cos of the warped disk. What they can do is to 'ADVICE' it, unless they are so bad that it fails the brake testing. But your car been 4x4, don't tell them that you can disconnect the 4x4, That way they won't test the brakes as they don't have the right stuff. What they might do is to stick a guage in the car and go around for a drive init and come back. But most places don't do that.

by the way make sure they know its 4x4 so not to stick it on the rollers, if they do then its bye bye tx box.
Naz