Checked everything, But still no joy

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

by alisdair » Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:11 pm

Hi all.

I am battling here. when I get the car upto about 80 it starts to feel a bit wobble through the steerring wheel, and the faster I go the more I feel the vibrations. Mostly through the steering wheel.

I have had bushes done, new tyres, shocks checked, discs skimmed, brakes done, tracking and wheel balancing.

Now the wheels are the standard 15 inch wheels. No spigots as far as I know. I have had the car 4 years and never seen them.

What else is there? Is there a bolt or something on the steering column that might need tighting.

Any hekp please
alisdair

by Robert_Dale » Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:47 pm

> No spigots as far as I know

dude THAT will be your problem - I had the same thing and put these on and all sorted
Robert_Dale

by Stupink » Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:14 pm

Stock wheels dont need spiggots, they are the right size supprisingly [img]/wink.gif[/img] heheh..

Alloys might not be 100% true, or tyres, balanced or not doesnt mean they are ROUND!!!!

Also driveshaft balance, the long shaft should have an ajustable weight on it, check its there and not loose/moved.
Is this mph or kph?
Toyota Mr-2 roadster turbo
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Robert_Dale » Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:48 pm

Also you tried swapping your back tyres wit your front ones, might be a tyre has a blob on it?
Robert_Dale

150,000 and still going strong!

by alisdair » Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:26 am

I know the wheels are true because I took them to the Continental factory here for testing along with the tyres.

I will checj the driveshaft balancing thingy. How big would the weight be? I will try swapping the tyres around.

It is on MPH. although out here it is KMs.

Thanks for your help here lads, this is one problem thats taking alot of time and money to sort out. And still not SORTED.
alisdair