Rear Semi Trailering arm

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

Rear Semi Trailering arm

by Calibra_Mike » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:57 pm

Im thinking of taking off all the rear suspension and giving it a total overhaul, I know some members have done this, how hard will it be, my haynes manual is saying its a 4 spanner job which means I should be prepered to loose some skin...

Also while its all off I would want to change the rear wheel bearing and the brake disc plate, anyone know where I can get the brake plate from?
VXT RACING DEVELOPMENTS - Designed by Vauxhall... Modified by Me...
The VXT Calibra, back on the road Oct'13... the Adventure Continues...
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by tazz666 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:57 pm

mike i have just done mine mate and yhe rear arms arent that bad to come off at all , and the backing plates you can get them from vauxhall ,autovaux or lmf, the rear bearings you can change aswell as i did mine aswell in doing them i is a similer process to the front and it is easier to do when the arms are off , use spare wheel nuts and old sockets to help to pull off the hub from the arm, tighten the bolts into the hub onto the sockets which will draw the hub off
tazz666

by Calibra_Mike » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:45 am

Ive got a week off at the end of August so am thinking of trying to get it done then, Ive never been 100% convinced the rear suspension is how it should be so I think a total overhaul would sort that, although I will see how things are after I get the new shocks on the back, see if that stops the noise Ive got going on, otherwise its looking like a bearing...

It never ends :)
VXT RACING DEVELOPMENTS - Designed by Vauxhall... Modified by Me...
The VXT Calibra, back on the road Oct'13... the Adventure Continues...
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by tazz666 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:38 pm

it never does end mate , once you get one thing done something else pops up , if you need help when you do it mate give me a shout and i will talk you through it mate :D
tazz666