Really bad camber

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

by C411BRAnut » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:08 am

Irmscher recommend the use of a camber correction kit with lowered suspension (as fitted to the Turbo LE) - I'm sure there's been a thread on here about this already.
C411BRAnut

by C411BRAnut » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:19 am

C411BRAnut

by Johnny A » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:56 pm

C411BRAnut wrote:Irmscher recommend the use of a camber correction kit with lowered suspension (as fitted to the Turbo LE) - I'm sure there's been a thread on here about this already.

Three main problems with using the Irmscher correction kit:

1: It's only designed to correct a small amount of lowered (25mm, but it will suit a 40mm drop.... just)
2: All they are is bushes with offset centre holes
3: They have been NLS for years.

As far as I am aware there are three solutions:
1: Don't lower the car :roll:
2: Fit the K-MAC adjustable offset bush kit (this kit originated from OZ as this suspension system is pretty generic all over the world - but the kits are from OZ as most of their cars that use this setup are V6's or V8s which are popular to modify*), this kit can be bought in the UK or imported from OZ (cheaper but more hassle)
3: Modify the mounting holes on the rear subframe (this is what I did - it's a pig of a job)

*Its also worth noting that K-MAC do pretty much every bush in poly form too. Us Carlton/Senator owners get our stuff from them (specially the Lotus Carlton owners that need poly bushes - like the large rear main donut bushes, the LC kills a new set of standard GM ones in 6 months and LC versions are NLS. They do two grades - A Poly set with drilled holes for fast road use and a race set with no holes. Advantages of the solid set are NO axle tramp even with silly power - but the ride is harsher)
Johnny A

Previous