V6 - front end knocks

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

V6 - front end knocks

by Mantaray » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:31 pm

I had the front tyres replaced recently because the inside edges had worn away. Whilst there I had the all four wheels aligned, but was told they were fine. Since then, the steering has been a bit skittish and unpredictable. It's always had knocks up front and have replaced the arms and drop links.
Could the problem be the strut tops? Would I need to replace the rubbers and the bearings?
Reading other posts, they seem hard to get hold of. Anyone know where I can get them from?
Mantaray

by RAINMAKER » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:30 pm

Hello mate not a problem to get hold of.. give auto vaux a call and they can sort you out..
just to answer youre other question the knocking could possible be the large nut that holds, the insert into the sleve it may be loose.. to get to this though you'll have to remove the strut, also take a look at the nut under the strut cap in the engine bay, remove the top nut and then remove the cap, youll see a second nut underneath thighten this up to 55Nm..
RAINMAKER

by pas » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:50 pm

Also check if you can tighten nut on the wishbone - one that is closest to the cabin
pas