clicking from drivers side

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

clicking from drivers side

by Shince » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:43 am

taking off and turning left or right (only while traveling forward) makes a single clunk/click sound from my drivers side, what is it?? ive got 4 brand new springs and struts
Shince

by v6 steve » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:00 am

Sounds like you cv joint is on the way out mate
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by tim74 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:12 am

could be a cv like steve says or could also be a spring bedding in. if its the cv the you will start to hear the clicking/cluncking more
tim74

by marko » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:09 am

iv got the same on mine, after changing springs and wishbones, single "clonk" sound coming from front drivers side, only get it when car is stood for a while, think it may be the wishbone bolts, there not a very good fit into the bushes, i think the "clonk" is the wishbone moving slightly when taking off. when the cv joints go you will know about it, sound like a rattle when turning .
marko

by vinny_69 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:25 pm

on my old astra i had a clonk on full lock due to the bearing ontop of the shock needed replacing.
vinny_69

by Shince » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:56 pm

both cv joints got replaced 5000k ago!
Shince

by Shince » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:57 pm

so explain wish bones? i got a suspention safety 24point check b4 i fixed all my struts,springs and shockies, other then that just worn or oil soaked bush's thats y this sound is confusing me
Shince

by Phantom » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:56 pm

on lowered springs you will get a clunk sound when you turn the wheel especially on full lock as the spring will move in its seat, it happens on mine, the clicking sound would be continuous on lock if it was a cv joint
Phantom

by Naz » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:21 pm

It could be your ARB link? They do seem to break.

If not, check and retighten all the nuts and bolts around the wishbone, suspension arm and ... and make sure the spring is sat where is should be.

I had my calibra lowered 60mm and never heard any clunking.
Naz