brake bleeding

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

brake bleeding

by marko » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:34 pm

going to bleed the brakes through tomorrow, fluid has been in there since iv had the car, brought a gunsons easy bleed system, have read somewhere that you need a tech 2 to pulse the abs system. dont want to run into any problems with the abs. Anyone done this job using the easy bleed system. only purpose of doing this is to flush out the old fluid.
marko

by Callyman » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:41 pm

If that's the one where you get the pressure from a tyre (max 20psi) then ive used it. Easiest way ive ever done it alone.
Details on how to join the club---Click me
Club Memberships
Club Memberships

by marko » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:19 pm

yes thats the one, just a bit worried about the abs pump. did you have any problems
marko

by bodgetastic » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:11 pm

I did it without touching the ABS
More power than God
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

by Callyman » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:00 am

bodgetastic wrote:I did it without touching the ABS

+1
Details on how to join the club---Click me
Club Memberships
Club Memberships

by MarkV6 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:31 am

IIRC you only needed the tech2 to activate the abs solenoids if the system was completely dry as you could get an air lock in the abs unit.

As long as you keep the fluid filled in the reservoir you shouldn't have any trouble. I kept topping up the fluid when I did mine until it changed colour coming out of the caliper as the new fluid came through.

I'd be more concerned with getting the bleed nipples undone without shearing them off....
I used to own this Calibra...
I now own this one.

Xbox live gamertag IcedSage
PS3 PS4 network gamertag Calibra-Madman
Gold Club Member
Gold Club Member

by marko » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:42 pm

sorted,did it earlier on. no problems. fluid out of the rears was black, fronts werent too bad, used about 1.5 to 2 litres of fluid. think that should be enough . managed to do it without removing the wheels or jacking up. advantage of having big wheels. easy bleed system worked well, no spillages or leaks. pedal feels a bit better than before, dont need to press as hard to stop.
marko