Car STILL pulling to one side

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

Car STILL pulling to one side

by Rob Himself » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:24 pm

Changed tie rod ends and wishbones, had tracking done twice... still pulling to one side.

Any suggestions as to what it could be? Not the tyres, as I've swapped them with the back ones which have worn evenly.
Rubbers on the wishbone lower bushes look slightly worn, but that would cause it... would it?

Ta,
Rob
Rob Himself

Re: Car STILL pulling to one side

by Allys Cally » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:37 pm

buckled alloy :?:
BETTER TO HAVE A CALIBRA AND NOT NEED ONE, THAN NEED A CALIBRA AND NOT HAVE ONE!!!

BEST STANDARD BILLING 2009 CO-OWNER
BEST STANDARD BILLING 2011 CO-OWNER
BEST PRESENTED BILLING 2012
BEST ENGINE BAY BILLING 2015
Chairmans Choice - Scottish Car Show 2016
BEST INTERIOR VBOA 2017
BEST IN SHOW VBOA 2018
VBOA CHAIRMAN CUP 2018
Gold Club Member
Gold Club Member

by Callyman » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:13 pm

if it does it on a flat road with equal tyre pressure then it's poss a sticking brake caliper or a shot bearing (unlikely)
Was your tracking just the fronts or 4 wheel alignment?
Details on how to join the club---Click me
Club Memberships
Club Memberships

by kdchorse2 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:00 pm

Waht happens when you hammer the brakes on a really flat ..if drift alters then suggest I joint the vote for jammed caliper... haven't come across it on a Vauxhall but used to be make Datsun dealers rich sorting it ..but often easily fixed by forcing the caliper in using a few levers (or wedges).
kdchorse2

by Rob Himself » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:08 pm

It pulls a bit on braknig, but not noticeably more. Wheels are all fine - have changed them over and same problem.

It just seems coincidental that it's only happening now after tie rods and wishbones have been done, that's all.............
Rob Himself

by Joker » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:16 pm

alrite mate, I'm having the same problems.

I've recently done a big service on my car, replaced anti-roll bar links, track-rod ends, wishbones all brand new stuff.

Link here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=39678

When putting the wheels back on the 2 front rotations were backwards, ie; left on the right side right on the left. I didn't notice until the mr tracking man said, He went ahead on did my tracking, drove away fine everything bang on dead straight nothing wrong no pulling with braking,accelerating coastin. I Jacked the car up swapped the wheels over so the rotation was correct and now when driving if I let go of the steering it pulls left, not on acceleration or braking it makes no difference but only when I let go of the steering wheel. Headed back to the garage spoke to mr tracking man who kindly re-done my tracking for nothing I drove off and it still pulled slightly to the left, not as bad but it was still pulling :(

Anyway I swapped the wheels back over so the rotation was wrong again and now it seems to pull slighty to the right? but only very slightly!! I'm guessing my wheel is buckled which I'm abit annoyed about. It's the only thing it can be, everythings new, trackings been done twice, equal pressure in both tyres. I think i'm gunna swap my front with backs to see if anything happens then.....My brakes don't stick and my bearings are fine (atleast they seem it)

It can only be so many things, as from process of elimination, ie; replacing everything it can only be your tyres...

P.S If i put my steering dead centre and stand infront of the car looking at both wheels, one wheel is bang on while the other always sticks out more... I no they are slighty outwards like this \---/ but not that much!! but mine doesn't seem equal even after tracking done twice, my steering rack was replaced about 2 years ago and it's never been crashed so it's baffled me also....

Try putting a different set or steelies on your car see if the problem persists.
Joker
Joker

by Phantom » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:51 pm

although the tyre wear may look even it's probably not, only a new set of fronts will prove it to be them I'm afraid

I had the same problem on the turbo, replaced all 4 tyres and now drives straight as a die
Phantom