brake upgrade

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

brake upgrade

by Mr smith » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:18 pm

ive only noticed today but my brakes are poo on the calibra and when used hard i can smell a burning kinda smell, any brake upgrades out ther e or anything? thanks Lee
Mr smith

Re: brake upgrade

by Mark1 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:29 am

Mark...........It's Red........It's a V6............It's an SE9!..............and She's bad.
Mark1@clubcalibra.net

ClubCalibra Best Presented 2006
ClubCalibra Best Presented 2010
ClubCalibra Best Interior 2011

My Garage
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

by Markp » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:03 am

Before you upgrade have you thought to overhaul the existing set up? Maybe your pads have galzed over, if so then pop them out and rough them up a bit. MIght not hurt to change your brake fluid as well. If then you find they are still bad you haven't lost much money and can then look further into upgrading to something bigger.
Markp

by opelturbo » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:54 am

Markp wrote:Before you upgrade have you thought to overhaul the existing set up? Maybe your pads have galzed over, if so then pop them out and rough them up a bit. MIght not hurt to change your brake fluid as well. If then you find they are still bad you haven't lost much money and can then look further into upgrading to something bigger.

Agreed. I'd check your existing set up and make sure all is OK. If you're still not happy, I'd get some green stuff pads. I had some on standard discs and I was impressed with the improvement.

No warranty implied or given that it will work for you though. :D
opelturbo