Sticking Caliper

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

Sticking Caliper

by Callyman » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:01 pm

I've noticed a slight rubbing sound over the last few weeks coming from front right, then when i washed it yesterday i noticed the paint on the hub/disc outer has gone brown.
Took a look throught the wheel tonight when i got home and the disc in question was proper hot, water bounced off it etc, the other i could hold with my hand.
So that means i have a sticking caliper, i shall carefully lift the rubber seal spray some wd40 in and try and work it free, but if it doesnt want to play, i will have to ring autovaux i guess for a new one. Anyone had to replace theirs? what kind of price am i looking at?
Also i fancy a new set of drilled n grooved discs n pads. Any reccomendations? e-bay links?

Thanks in advance
Details on how to join the club---Click me
Club Memberships
Club Memberships

Re: Sticking Caliper

by Mark1 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:07 pm

Andy this what I have on mine and works very well. We do get a discount as club members, ask for Mike and say I sent you, all I seem to is phone them! Just ordered a kit for Toby for his Corsa that go with the new wheels and coilovers he has got :?

http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/store/prod ... 306&page=1
Mark...........It's Red........It's a V6............It's an SE9!..............and She's bad.
Mark1@clubcalibra.net

ClubCalibra Best Presented 2006
ClubCalibra Best Presented 2010
ClubCalibra Best Interior 2011

My Garage
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

by opelturbo » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:11 pm

Best check the 2 small sliders first. They may need a quick clean and smear with copper grease.

If that doesn't work, I'd get an overhaul kit and overhaul the calliper or do both. The rubber seal may have gone and s**t is getting in anyway. :(

If the callipers need overhauling, I'd buy a pair and overhaul those, then it will be a straight swap and bleed of the brakes.
opelturbo

by Callyman » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:40 pm

Didnt think of the sliders.....Thanks for the link mark.
Club Memberships
Club Memberships

by Callyman » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:25 pm

Well after cleaning up the sliders and having to remove the caliper completley and put it in a VICE to close it up lol, ive decided it's time for a new one. Autovaux i.e. after market ones ok?
Club Memberships
Club Memberships

by Markp » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:00 am

Aftermarket ones are ok. Bear in mind that the standard ones aren't Vaux anyway. Autovaux stuff is alays very good, i've certainly not had any issues with them 8)
Markp

by Callyman » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:48 am

Markp wrote:Aftermarket ones are ok. Bear in mind that the standard ones aren't Vaux anyway. Autovaux stuff is alays very good, i've certainly not had any issues with them 8)

Ended up getting new refurb/exchange from VX they do them for £46.81 on trade club (thanks phantom). All back together now
Club Memberships
Club Memberships