bushes for v6

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

bushes for v6

by johno » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:02 pm

HI all, have all of my calibra v6 rear axle taken off the car to be painted. may aswell replace all the
bushes as its off. MY question is whats the best bushes for the calibra v6. I dont want the standard

vauxhall. Thanks.
johno

Re: bushes for v6

by Fraz » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:04 pm

why whats wrong with teh vauxhall ones??? only other option is the poly bushs from likes of powerflex but they wont do the large mounting one
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by johno » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:25 pm

Just i think it would inprove the handling. I have new bilstein dampers and eibach springs to be fitted. Was just
wondering if other people fitted polly bushes to their callibras and is it worth it.
johno

by Fraz » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:35 pm

had same suspension setup myself, I replaced the large subframe mount bushs...and they really needed done as they fell out. I did put the powerflex offset Bush's in the inner trailing arm to help the camber. the other just used new Vauxhall ones

it certainly helped improve the handling with just that done...did that before fitting the new suspension
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by johno » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:33 am

Yea one or two of the bushes were like that on my car aswell. Will prob go with something like that.
Thanks again
johno

by Mark1 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:28 am

polly bushes will make the ride very hard.
Mark...........It's Red........It's a V6............It's an SE9!..............and She's bad.
Mark1@clubcalibra.net

ClubCalibra Best Presented 2006
ClubCalibra Best Presented 2010
ClubCalibra Best Interior 2011

My Garage
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer