one bump too far

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

one bump too far

by vinny_69 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:20 pm

ive had enough luton is a nightmare the roads are utter w*** full of pot holes speed bumps and chavs,
ive gotta tinker with the V6's legs otherwise it's gonna get broken.

driving home this morning hit a pothole and felt like i fell of the fecking planet,low profile tyres are w*** for big bumps,

anyway back on topic what can i do to save my own arse with the suspension?
its dropped 40mm on standard shocks with low profile tyres,i was thinking of new shocks as they would give the car a bit more movement

because at the moment its a bit too hard for the area and i really dont want to damage the V6
what would peeps recomend Bilstein or [size=2]Jamex [/size]

and now the ABS light pops up every now n then due to a speed bump incident:(
vinny_69

Re: one bump too far

by tazz666 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:39 pm

vinny go with the bilstiens mate . and just take your time going over bumps in the meantime :assshaking:
tazz666

by vinny_69 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:41 pm

ive never driven so slow in me life :( it don't feel as smooth as yours D but i shall fix just kinda wanted to have a moan and stuff
vinny_69

by stressman » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:44 pm

Get yourself an Eibach set of springs. They are progressive, so the ride is much more comfortable.

For the shocks.. I'd suggest yellow Koni adjustables. They can be soft like a limo, or hard as the go-kart 8)
stressman

by tazz666 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:45 pm

awww vinny mate you can moan all you want, mind i have tinkered with mine a little, at the momentit is on the spax spings with standard shocks, get a K&N panel filter in it mate it will help :D
tazz666

by vinny_69 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:00 pm

tazz666 wrote:get a K&N panel filter in it mate it will help :D

i will remember that when im sitting by the road with only 3 wheels on ma wagon

have you been on the special pills again :lol:
vinny_69

by tazz666 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:20 pm

overdosed on them ,lol :assshaking:
tazz666

by vinny_69 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:10 pm

i will order some bilstein front and rear then :D

cheers D
vinny_69

by Fraz » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:35 pm

Think you will find the Bilstein shocks a tad too hard, don't forget that is what gives the ride comfort..hence the name shock absorbers (dampers is more accurate a term) Eibach springs may be progressive but so are lots of others and if you have too hard a damper it wont make any difference to the ride comfort no matter how progressive the springs are ..much better with a matched full kit..or return to standard setup

if you have a set of standard shocks, I would suggest you get them changed for ones that are designed for lowered springs...really should not have lowered springs with standard shocks as the piston will travel down too far and damage the shock absorber ( could be why your having problems!!!)

as for adjustable, unless your going to be changing the set up for a track there is no point to them for everyday road use....once you set them to what you prefer , you will never change them again, so you have paid lots more for something you will use once

I used Bilstein shocks with uprated lowered springs and it was very hard (forget the name of springs) had Eblich springs as well with Bilstein shocks...never did like that setup
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by vinny_69 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:40 pm

Fraz wrote:if you have a set of standard shocks, I would suggest you get them changed for ones that are designed for lowered springs...really should not have lowered springs with standard shocks as the piston will travel down too far and damage the shock absorber ( could be why your having problems!!!)

thats the plan fraz what would you suggest?
vinny_69

by Mark1 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:43 pm

I have Blistein on mine and they work well.
Mark...........It's Red........It's a V6............It's an SE9!..............and She's bad.
Mark1@clubcalibra.net

ClubCalibra Best Presented 2006
ClubCalibra Best Presented 2010
ClubCalibra Best Interior 2011

My Garage
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

by vinny_69 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:44 pm

whats the ride like on a s**t road mark?
vinny_69

by Mark1 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:02 pm

Not to bad, in this part of Surrey roads are crap.
Mark...........It's Red........It's a V6............It's an SE9!..............and She's bad.
Mark1@clubcalibra.net

My Garage
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

by Mark1 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:04 pm

You may be better looking at a set koni ajustables that way you can set them up the way you want them, may cost a bit more but maybe better in the longrun.
Mark1@clubcalibra.net

My Garage
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

by vinny_69 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:06 pm

how do they handle pot holes?

ive hit two big ones in the last few days and i honestly thought i broke the car or fooked a wheel,and it scared the s**t outta the misses.
vinny_69

Next