Powerflex bushes - which size?

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

Powerflex bushes - which size?

by sinbrad » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:19 pm

Ok guys gonna upgrade my bushes with powerflex ones. I have found a set but they are advertised as either
15mm or 18mm for the rear anti roll bar mount. Does anyone know the size off hand that I would require on the V6? Can't measure myself as I'm not back home until next tuesday and want to get the bushes ordered before I get home

cheers
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Re: Powerflex bushes - which size?

by sinbrad » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:33 pm

Anyone?
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Stewart9716v » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:58 pm

Intheory the thicker rear bar should flex less and give you less body roll, but as far as I know its a bit random which one was fitted.

I ordered the eccentric rear bushes for mine - still waiting for them to be delivered tho :evil:
Stewart9716v

by sinbrad » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:36 am

Stewart9716v wrote:Intheory the thicker rear bar should flex less and give you less body roll, but as far as I know its a bit random which one was fitted.

I ordered the eccentric rear bushes for mine - still waiting for them to be delivered tho :evil:

Hmmm, now you've got me thinking. Should I now go for the 18mm vice the 15mm as the less body roll the better? I take it there will be no problems with fitment?

cheers
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by sinbrad » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:35 pm

So if there is different sizes stated on powerflex, where are they getting their sizes from. If it was the cases of antiroll bars being different sizes woudln't they be listed somewhere?
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by sinbrad » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:55 pm

Stewart9716v wrote:Intheory the thicker rear bar should flex less and give you less body roll, but as far as I know its a bit random which one was fitted.

Have you received your bushes yet? I have received mine but think there are bits missing. Is yours a full rear set?
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Stewart9716v » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:00 pm

yeah they came through last week.

The trailing arm bushes are split between standard and eccentric, so I presume that each side gets one of each type. Was planning on doing a quick hunt to see who had fitted them before, but not got that far yet lol
Stewart9716v

by sinbrad » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:55 pm

My kit was missing a couple of bushes. Got onto powerflex and got them sent out. Car is in garage getting them fitted over the next few days. Had the garage on the phone yesterday asking
about the fitment of the bushes! Couldn't help them but looks like it'll be a case of trial and error?
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by sinbrad » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:39 pm

Stewart9716v

I've just had a call from the VX garage who are fitting the bushes and they have stated that they couldn't fit
the ARB's because they were too large? They took the old one's off, stated they were in good order and didn't need replacing, and they said there was a difference in size between the one's already fitted and the powerflex ones, the powerflex ones being larger. I ordered the 15mm set and I believe that's what I got, can't be too sure though? Have you fitted yours and have you had any problems?
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net