Suspension rebuild - now all over the road!!!!

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

Suspension rebuild - now all over the road!!!!

by sinbrad » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:40 pm

Ok guys, just got the car back from the local mechanic. Apart from having the engine done, I've had all the front suspension rebuilt and had the wishbones, drop links etc replaced. He doesn't have the gear to do tracking so I've got it booked in for full 4 wheel tracking at the local National garage. I took the car out for a quick spin just to see how it was and the steering was all over the place and at one stage it nearly took me into opposite traffic!!! Is this down to the suspension components not being correctly adjusted or are they not tightened properly? All advice appreciated
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Re: Suspension rebuild - now all over the road!!!!

by Fenix » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:44 pm

I think it is prob just tracking.

JUst done similar with mine and know everythings tight but it tramlines like a b*tch at the moment so got it booked in for alignment.
Fenix

by vinny_69 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:46 pm

just dont drive it till its been to the garage,chances are its something simple but if its going right and your steering left i wouldnt touch it
vinny_69

by sinbrad » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:29 pm

Cheers guys, was hoping it's gonna be the tracking. Got it in on the 15th so fingers crossed
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by sinbrad » Sat May 23, 2009 10:25 pm

Got the car back from vx and steering is now spot on. Also got the camber bushes fitted etc but will have to wait to see if it does the job. Now to tend to other things!
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net