I Wanna be lower!

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

by andycally » Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:10 am

Just got hold of some 17" wheels (thanx martyn!!) and want to get some springs to give me a 35-40mm drop.

Anyone got any tips about cheap spring stockists?

Cheers guys
[img]/biggrin.gif[/img]
andycally

by carl_freeman » Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:08 pm

dont just do your springs... get a full kit, springs and shocks... save up for a bit longer, you'll only regret it otherwise.

buy Total Vauxhall mag, there are loads of ads in there.
carl_freeman

by andycally » Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:47 pm

Cheers Carl.

Just don't wanna ride around in a cally that looks like a monster truck for too long! :shock:

But good plan! Have seen some good ads in TV before, must keep looking!!

[img]/biggrin.gif[/img]:D:D
andycally

by Mac » Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:56 am

Hello andycally, I had a nova GTE before I bought myy callly, It was lowered 60mm on just afterrr markett springs. I wass thinking about joining the NHS waiting list for new kidneys after about a month. The ride quility is just SH*T You can,t drive fast in to or out of corners for fear of wear yyou would end up ( field ,lamp postt) But if you like drivving a brick on wheels then go for the cheap option,
It did look nice thouigh, Its about personal preference-: style or ride quality!!
Mac

by Col » Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:54 am

andy, any chance you can take some before and after pics ?

cheers
Col

by andycally » Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:45 pm

Yeah sure i can!

The before pics will come soon....
The after pics... well depends on whether i can face putting MORE money on my credit card.... :shock:

We will see... :twisted:

[img]/biggrin.gif[/img]:D
andycally

by gran » Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:14 pm

mate, if you want a price on a koni setup (shocks and springs) -35mm, -40mm, -60mm pm me the car details and i'll sort it 4u?
gran

by Maverick » Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:36 pm

Go for GMAX shocks and springs mate.
Maverick

by gran » Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:14 am

<!--QuoteBegin-maverick2891+--><div class='quotetop'>(maverick2891)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Go for GMAX shocks and springs mate.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

why would you want to do that??? :shock: [img]/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/biggrin.gif[/img] :wink:
gran

by diamondcali » Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:10 am

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->mate, if you want a price on a koni setup (shocks and springs) -35mm, -40mm, -60mm pm me the car details and i'll sort it 4u?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Were was you when i got mine ????? :x :x :x [img]/smile.gif[/img]
Andy.
diamondcali

by gran » Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:23 pm

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Were was you when i got mine ?????
Andy.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i was here all along mate. and just to rub it in, i would of saved you a small fortune!

still........... you'll know for next time!! [img]/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]
gran

by Maverick » Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:14 pm

I know you were only joking gran but my experience of GMAX setup's is VERY GOOD. They are a budget spring/shock and in my opinion they are way under rated. I certainly will be putting all my eggs in the GMAX basket if I decide to lower my car, because for the price I was honestly no less that thoroughly impressed with the kit I used a few years back. They gave a very good ride comfort, but they also have very little play in the bends so the stability was fantastic. Other springs and shocks may prove better but they may also cost twice the price.

Anyway... I was very impressed lol [img]/biggrin.gif[/img] :shock: [img]/smile.gif[/img] :wink:
Maverick

by Ivorcally » Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:25 pm

Hi Andycally,

I'm in the process of changing my old (unknown) very low springs for a set of Eibachs; you can have the old ones for a very small fee if you want. Have done the rears already (they are easy) so the old ones are just sat there.

Keith [img]/smile.gif[/img]
Ivorcally