Request for anyone with straight steering!

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

Request for anyone with straight steering!

by CallyRed » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:49 pm

Ok well after hitting a pothole and bending most of my front suspension, i've replaced top mounts steering arms, track rod ends and wishbones. Been to get it tracked 3 times now and they still say they can't get it straight as the track rods keep locking up. So yesterday i removed the steering arms with track rod ends on only to find that the last time they tried tracking it, they did'nt replace one of the bolts one one track rod end and left the other side loose. F*****G cowboys. Anyway I'm gonna get it redone elsewhere at end of month but what I'm after at the mo is the measurement between the end of the steering arm (where the threaded adjuster goes in) and the track rod end where the threaded bar goes in so I can at least get it put back together and roughly straight for the time being.

Last time it went the guy said he got the wheels down to 2mm toe in on each side, but the steering wheel was ******* and it pulled left badly.

The measurements on my steering arms between the arm end and rod ends are:

Passenger side 37mm
Driver side 30mm
Can anyone give me their measurments so I can adjust mine?

Should both sides be the same?

Andy
CallyRed

Re: Request for anyone with straight steering!

by CallyRed » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:58 pm

bit excessive
CallyRed

by CallyRed » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:59 pm

I though 7 mm was a bit excessive even though I realise there could be a slight difference on each side

Andy
CallyRed

by CallyRed » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:00 pm

bit excessive
CallyRed

by CallyRed » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:21 pm

true, i guess the wheel could be off centre, i just wanted a ball park figure to adjust the rods too before i put them back together. Is ther a way to centralise the rack dead centre so I could then adjust the wheel? That way I could then have both rods equally adjusted

Andy
CallyRed