se9 abs problems

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

se9 abs problems

by k1nty » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:55 pm

ok looking to pick a few brains.ive mentioned when i got car ,bulbs where removed along with fuses to mask a few problems.ok plugged my reader in and showed live speeds from wheels speed sensors and all where same indicating all good on sensor/ring front.speedo is now fine and smooth.no faults stored.

today i fitted the removed abs telltale along with the tc one.i then did the paperclip test which just flashed 12 which indicates no faults detected by its selfdiagnosis.

then test vehicle as normal.all check lights on then off as normal,also tc can be toggled on /off by the overide switch.all good,then testdrive ........abs modulates at any speed below 25mph but no telltale lights coming on??????also in diagnostic mode car drives as it should which to me indicates a faulty abs control unit????

anyone had problems like this??
k1nty

Re: se9 abs problems

by Callyscot » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:46 am

I had to change my ABS unit last year but the abs light was on all the time indicating the fault, are you saying that your abs light is not coming on at any time?
Now with 2XSe9 V6 flame red calibra's
Best Presented Billing 2009
Best Interior Billing 2010
Not there Billing 2011 but I'll be back 2012
Flooded out 2012
Best year yet 2013Best in Show
Best Interior 2014
and 1 German (Vorsprung Durch Technik) Coupe
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by k1nty » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:00 pm

no my abs works as normal...ign on,lights on then off.......car drives with no warning lamps lighting up,no faults stored with diagnostic equipment..........but abs is cutting in below 25mph(i.e pedal modulating)so in a nutshell car thinks theres no problem but there is in reality...sort of points to abs controller i think?plus when aldl plug is linked(paperclip test)or plugged into reader car brakes are working correct.
k1nty

by v6 steve » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:14 pm

have you checked all the abs rings and sensors it could be one is broken or sensor needing cleaned
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by k1nty » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:42 pm

v6 steve wrote:have you checked all the abs rings and sensors it could be one is broken or sensor needing cleaned

hi mate,ive read live data...diagnostics in on road,all speeds fine and equal for all wheels.also to confirm this the car sees no faults at all...code 12 constant.no warning lamp and this is normally triggered upon a abs fault detection.
k1nty

by k1nty » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:15 pm

just concluding this thread too,fitted replacement abs controller and all sorted.all bulbs in and working as should,traction control functioning as should,new exhaust on,heater bulb replaced,washed ,chamoised and gleaming 8) 8) 8) 8)

been out for a drive...hour and half lol,

waiting for longer cruise cable,then thats in next....loving it 8) 8)
k1nty

by henry*r » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:35 pm

k1nty wrote:just concluding this thread too,fitted replacement abs controller and all sorted.all bulbs in and working as should,traction control functioning as should,new exhaust on,heater bulb replaced,washed ,chamoised and gleaming 8) 8) 8) 8)

been out for a drive...hour and half lol,

waiting for longer cruise cable,then thats in next....loving it 8) 8)

Just out of curiosity, what & where is the ABS controller? I'm experiencing the same problem with ABS, kicking into the pedal at very slow speed, but no light on dash, ABS rings ok & no faults stored in memory!!
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by k1nty » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:54 pm

its built ontop of the modulater/pump unit..under the black cover ,its all in one unit you see
just behind battery in engine bay,brake pipes come out of it.

i paid 20 plus 5 pnp off ebay for one of an se9....(055 )has traction control throughput and modified valves on the later v6.
just match the number off yours and youll be ok
Last edited by k1nty on Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
k1nty

by henry*r » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:58 pm

k1nty wrote:its built ontop of the modulater/pump unit..under the black cover ,its all in one unit you see

Cheers, I'll try to replace that & see if it helps. Where did you get yours? Can you still get them at Vauxhall or did you get second hand one?
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by henry*r » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:59 pm

sorry didn't notice the last bit bout ebay & price. So ignore my previous rant :D
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by k1nty » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:01 pm

henry*r wrote:sorry didn't notice the last bit bout ebay & price. So ignore my previous rant :D

what model is your calibra?v6 ,2.0 eco?
k1nty

by henry*r » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:06 pm

k1nty wrote:
henry*r wrote:sorry didn't notice the last bit bout ebay & price. So ignore my previous rant :D

what model is your calibra?v6 ,2.0 eco?

2.0 eco mate 1997
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by k1nty » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:15 pm

well theres certainly more with your type of pump...just match the number off the plate thats riveted on pump unit.i assume your lamp checks with igntion on(2/3 secs)the goes out?and your sure all rings/sensors are ok .did your car behave ok with "paperclip in"?or what ever equipment you used?
k1nty

by henry*r » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:25 pm

k1nty wrote:well theres certainly more with your type of pump...just match the number off the plate thats riveted on pump unit.i assume your lamp checks with igntion on(2/3 secs)the goes out?and your sure all rings/sensors are ok .did your car behave ok with "paperclip in"?or what ever equipment you used?

Yeah the check lamp goes out after 2-3 secs when I switch the ignition on, doesn't come up when driving & braking. But the modulation(so to speak), is there.
All the rings are ok, 2 at rear are 1 year old & I cleaned & checked the front ones too. Last time I had a ring cracked, it was lighting up the ABS light on dash everytime the ABS was modulating.
I had a Snap on computer on the car showing no faults at all. Which I think is quite good piece of equipment, cause anytime I had a problem before, it was showing faults ok.
Somebody suggested to me, that it might be warped or rusted up brake discs, but can't see that. they are all cleaned up & driving the car regularly!!
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by k1nty » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:49 pm

sounds exactly same as mine.i replaced the controller as it seemed to point towards itself.and mine is a1 now.
k1nty

Next