Donut bushes

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

Re: Donut bushes

by Fraz » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:27 pm

Steve, Ally and I all have B4's on the cars and I would say they are good enough for fast road use

I would not make the rear stiffer than the front as you will make the handling worse
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Robs Calibra » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:37 pm

Its looking like B4's then :)
My front seems pretty solid, but back does not, so will just change all as want matching springs. My front springs are PI, and I read bad reviews on these. Not sure what backs are, either PI or Irmscher.

I can only see Eibachs are -25mm for Calibra Turbo though.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Robs Calibra » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:55 am

I heard the B4 shocks (rear) rattle very bad. Even LMF were loooking into this. I dont know if was down to a bad batch, or bad design. I believe was a bad design. I was jusr reading another forum. Anyone had any problems with the B4's from LMF?
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Fraz » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:00 am

since LMF dont make them it would be nowt to do with them ....but I and a few other have them fitted and no rattles, so how many of them had rattles? could it be them fitting them incorrectly perhaps
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by v6 steve » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:57 pm

as fraz said, mine dont rattle just ma teeth on bumpy roads
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Robs Calibra » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:57 pm

Hi

It was at least 10 or more had the same problem. i found out today though LMF that it was a bad batch and Bilstein corrected the problem. Was a design fault they believe something to do with eye bolts I think they said.

I found out on the other hand that I have B8's all round as car has lowered springs. I will be getting new B8's soon, as the back def is not working as good, could be leaking or just shot away. They have been on 10 years, so have had good innings. Will also get Donut bushes.

I am keen on Eiback springs, but may do them after I have done rear shocks. I have new PI springs at front, so could always put new PI Springs at the back for cost saving really. Courtenay said they are a good spring.
I will also be doing donut bushes.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Robs Calibra » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:25 pm

Turns out I got B8's all round so need to get them.

I took her out today in the deep snow. Revered back ok, and on the main road was going forward and drifiting. Got stuck a little, 4x4 was doing well. I have the Mike Kayward Locking Kit installed only 2 weeks ago so was testing her out. On the way back on my road, I then got stuck. Some guys came out with a spade and dug the back wheels out and front and finally moved. I think if I reversed everywhere would be ok LOL. I thought the 4x4 would work better, but its purely how deep it is here in the South East.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Previous