Help me handle

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

by alisdair » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:06 pm

Out here I am struggling to get shocks for my car. Although I have been told they are still ok.

I wanted to get the car lower, making it handle better.

If i was just to get springs, would I have to change the normal shocks?

Would just having the new springs lower the car and also make the car handle better in corners.
alisdair

by SukySaggi » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:06 am

Alisdair

If i was just to get springs, would I have to change the normal shocks?
No

Would just having the new springs lower the car and also make the car handle better in corners.
Yes it will lower the car, but in order to improve handling you should change the shocks to harder or firmer ones.

Anybody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
SukySaggi

by andycally » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:08 am

I agree.

Just changing the springs will make the car appear lower, but it will reduce the ride quality!
Always go for new springs and shocks together.

[img]/biggrin.gif[/img]
andycally

by Stupink » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:19 am

I would have to agree in theory, however when i bought my car it had eibach lowering springs on standard shocks.. and the thing really did handle spot on and suffered no issues with mis matched shock rates etc... thats not to say i didnt swap them out for a new set of eibach and konis soon as i had the money, but thats more because i had a reciept for the eibachs from 1993.. lol... so i think they needed a change...
Toyota Mr-2 roadster turbo
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by DAN » Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:53 pm

I had -60mm springs on my last cally. A VERY hard ride but cornered very well [img]/wink.gif[/img]
DAN