Tyres shredded again !

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

Tyres shredded again !

by marko » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:17 pm

well rear tyres are destroyed again - inside edges, got to sort the camber out. been thinking of redrilling the the inner mounting holes for the arms, anyone tried this. Does anyone know if there are any differences in the front wishbones across the range because the fronts are wearing bad too, i thought all cav calibra front wishbones were the same but the motorfactors thinks the v6 calibra ones are different and cannot get hold of them.
post of someone on migweb doing the subframe mod -
http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/projects ... si-26.html
marko

Re: Tyres shredded again !

by garyb » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:28 pm

How far has the car been lowered?
What rim/tyre combo are you using?

Unusual for front inners to go unless toe is way off i.e. from the front your wheels loook like this: \ /
Or the tyres are rubbing on the suspension - isn't always obvious when this happens. For example, when I put 215/45/17 tyres/ 17x8 rims on mine we saw that while the car was in the air there was over 10mm clearance however as it was lowered that clearance disappeared and before the car was fully lowered back down the tyre was tight against the suspension - the bit the steering rods are attached to.

Luckily I had taken it to a tyrefitters as I intended to have the tracking done, as one should with a change of rims. They used a bridge so it was easy to check - I may not have noticed if I'd changed them on the driveway...
garyb

by marko » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:37 am

car is lowered around 40mm running 18 inch 45 offset wheels with 215 35 tyres. camber is obvious on the rears but the fronts look ok .
marko

by leelee » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:03 pm

total vauxhall hall of fame autumn 2009
garage_vehicle.php?mode=view_vehicle&VID=1075
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by marko » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:10 am

just put the old alloys back on for now, had to buy 2 tyres. My 18's need painting anyway as the Shadow chrome/ high power black has gone s****Y on 2 of the wheels, shame as the other 2 are as new
Still need to know if the front wishbones are different for the v6, im beginning to think they are.
Attachments
IMAG0032.jpg
Started rubbing down.
IMAG0032.jpg (170.58 KiB) Viewed 6038 times
IMAG0033.jpg
IMAG0033.jpg (102.08 KiB) Viewed 6038 times
marko