Brake upgrade

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

Brake upgrade

by Calibra_Mike » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:33 pm

Just brainstorming at the moment but just wanted to ask a couple of questions. As an upgrade for the Ecotec wouold the V6 calipers bolt straight on? and are the rears different or is it just the fronts that are different sizes. Also do we have access to anywhere offering discount on braided brake hoses?
VXT RACING DEVELOPMENTS - Designed by Vauxhall... Modified by Me...
The VXT Calibra, back on the road Oct'13... the Adventure Continues...
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Re: Brake upgrade

by v6 steve » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:42 pm

the v6 calipers will bolt on but youll need bigger discs i think we get a disscount with hella rear brakes dont do much so not sure if i would bother about upgrading them too much
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Allys Cally » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm

LMF sell the full kit including the 4 stud discs, pads, calipers and caliper bracket. its about £300 though for the lot
BETTER TO HAVE A CALIBRA AND NOT NEED ONE, THAN NEED A CALIBRA AND NOT HAVE ONE!!!

BEST STANDARD BILLING 2009 CO-OWNER
BEST STANDARD BILLING 2011 CO-OWNER
BEST PRESENTED BILLING 2012
BEST ENGINE BAY BILLING 2015
Chairmans Choice - Scottish Car Show 2016
BEST INTERIOR VBOA 2017
BEST IN SHOW VBOA 2018
VBOA CHAIRMAN CUP 2018
Gold Club Member
Gold Club Member

by v6 steve » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:51 pm

i ll have a set of v6 calipers and 288mm carries for sale once i get my finger out if your intresteed
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by MadOnVaux! » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:02 pm

I managed to upgrad mine to 288's relatively cheaply....got just the re-drilled discs (with spigot rings) from LMF....pair of Vectra GSi calipers cheap off a guy on MIG, and cheap set of PAGID pads for Vec GSi off E.C.P......I think all in it cost me about £100.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Laliiii » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:01 pm

I am also propose the 288's brake disc, because the caliper has got 57 mm piston, instead of 284's brake which has got 54 mm piston in the caliper. All Calibra's has got same rear brake, 270x10 mm disc and double piston's caliper, where the piston diameter is 35 mm. You can upgrade is the brake pad, let's put the B Vectra or B Omega brake pads, because these are bigger with 4-5 mm and can be work in totally surface of the disc. But you have to drill a little bit the two hole in the pads, because the distances are little bit difference of Cali's. At the beginning of this summer I am using this bigger pads with 38 mm caliper from A Omega. My plan is change of the brake servo drum, I would like to fit from B Vectra x20xev or x25xe, the drum is bigger than Calibra, but the question is the free place of my V6, but my friend would like to do also this drum change, according to his answer the x20xev has enough free space under the bonnet. :) The ne, xe, x20xev Calibra's has got 22 mm master cylinder, the let's and v6's are 23 mm. The Vectra B x20xev and x25xe has got also 23 mm, but the drum is bigger. The rare 2.6 B Vectra has got same servo drum, but the master cylinder is 25 mm, but it is not possible the purchase it. + As wrote above choose of the drilled disc is good thinking...

A képet a Képfeltöltés.hu tárolja. http://www.kepfeltoltes.hu

Laliiii