4x4 lowering and camber correction

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

by Furey » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:14 pm

okay, im soon going to be dropping the good ole turbo, and i think ive got the rear camber correction in hand with the cavweb method <a href="http://www.cavweb-forums.co.uk/showthread.php?threadid=14603" target="_blank">http://www.cavweb-forums.co.uk/showthread.php?threadid=14603</a>

but how do you correct the front? ive heard you can get bushes for this job, and that cav 16 stock a full camber correction kit. would it be worth getting their rear kit as well instead of doing the rear myself?

last thing i want to do is rodger my nearly new TX box or wear out my new tyres. but its a bit of a joke having chrome 18's on monster truck suspension. im going to get koni adjustabe damping shocks and eibach springs, alot of folks have reccomended them to me.

whilst im at it, i think i might do these jobs too-
rear wheel bearings (one is knackered, cant tell which)
full polyurethane bushes kit (ive got a dodgy clunk when i brake or reverse, and a small vibration at 70mph, noone can tell what it is so i'll hopefully fix that in the process)
front strut brace if ive got enough beer tokens left

im sort of 'educated guessing' my way through this, i think im in the right direction but so any suggestions or corrections would be gladly recieved :?
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Stupink » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:05 pm

the rear camber corrector i have (ajustable 180quids worth eeekk) is polyeurathane 4 piece kit... so thats an option..

I never did the fronts.. dont find the camber is out of spec.. it will change a minute ammount, but should be in spec so dont worry too much about the TX or tyres really, its possible to just try and see how it goes... the rears are a different setup so the small drop effects them much more and will be well out of spec..

I have koni/eibach... if your not bothered about comfort too much, put fronts on full hard, and rear back 1/2 turn.. see how you get on with that [img]/biggrin.gif[/img] its a gooooood setup.. but you'll find it a bit sloppy still because of all the crappy soft vauxhall bushes.. so replacing the front end with polyeurathane will help too [img]/wink.gif[/img] but it then becomes a bit too much for some people who have been known to sell them off again back to stock.. it depends what you want from your car... i'd rather have it do what i ask of it and put up with a bit of a harsh ride..
Toyota Mr-2 roadster turbo
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by FatLadZ » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:21 pm

i spent a month to get mine perfect
i fitted irmscher ones and remounted the rear suspension also to get a perfect camber.
im lowered 30-35mm on eibach springs
makes an amazing difference to the handling
well worth the effort
fatz
FatLadZ

by Furey » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:55 am

thanks fellas, cant wait to sort out my barge like cornering.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net