suspention suggestions- dtm turbo

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

suspention suggestions- dtm turbo

by stevo turbo » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:26 pm

Rite im not desprate to get these so just looking for ideas. im wanting to keep the car as close to standard as possible but witht the lovely people at vaux and irmscher not bothering to make the parts anymore originals are pretty much out the question. as far as im aware they have a 30mm drop on the springs and then put up by 5mm on the base plate, so could i get a 30mm spring kit and possibly get away with a standard set of turbo shocks?

What do people think? as i get a "parts arent available" from my parts peolpe at work :axed:
Club Member
Club Member

Re: suspention suggestions- dtm turbo

by v6 steve » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:48 pm

all the shocks are the same from 8v 16v turbo and v6 only the springs are diffrent as we have said 100's of time already billies B4 and H & R springs
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Fraz » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:04 pm

well GM seemed to think 25mm was a good idea, hence why the used that on the LE etc, they made different Bush's for the rear trailing arms to compensate for the camber, I would presume they did some research to see what was the best figure and that was it
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by stevo turbo » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:36 am

As fraz said they made different bushes from irmscher- again no longer made and have only seen one set on the bay and they went for about £80 I think it was! I just want it to look the same when it was made so it will prob be sticking with the standard shocks
Club Member
Club Member