I've got the judders!

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

by fatboy_v6 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:51 pm

I've got a 94 v6 and at the moment when i brake from speed, say 60 and above i get a judder on the steering wheel and it feels like shes pulling to the right. I know thw brake pads aren't worn out as they were new on in february. I've got no warning lights come on and when i come to a stop it will pull hard to the right. Any ideas?
fatboy_v6

I've got the judders!

by SukySaggi » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:02 pm

Warped disks?
SukySaggi

by Kieran_Burns » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:34 pm

It's your disks - check the lip on them - you'll find quite a large difference between the thickness right at the edge and where the pads start to bite.

They've got warped due to overheating as they are too thin now... mine did the same and I got the whole lot replaced... it's best to get the pads done at the same time as the disks as you'll only score the new ones as soon as you use the old pads....
Kieran_Burns

by fatboy_v6 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:51 pm

Ok cheers. She's going in for an oil change and a few other bits next month would it be ok to wait til then or should i do it now?
fatboy_v6

by KevV6 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:24 pm

Yeah i had exactly the same problem, was the discs warped. Not a hard DIY job, just getting the 10mm caliper bolts loose can be a pig. Had to get the garage to do it in the end, couldnt get them babies loose
KevV6

Another little win on ebay :-)

by skellem » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:46 pm

They'll probably hold out for a while as long as you don't do too much track racing, make sure you take it easy [img]/wink.gif[/img]
skellem

by Smurf » Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:04 am

Personally I wouldn't take any chances when it comes to brakes and would get them sorted NOW.

I had other problems with mine a few months ago and it completely shattered the confidence in my brakes - only now am I ok again.
Smurf

by fatboy_v6 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:06 am

Well i don't usually use em that hard unless i have to. Shes gotta have a few other bits done as well. I know shes leaking oil but not a lot and i'm not sure where from but the underneaths gonna be steamcleaned and re undersealed so i'll get the engine done too and see if that sheds any light on it.
fatboy_v6