Brake fluid

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

by Rusty_CallyT » Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:02 pm

I wanna change the brake fluid on my callyT as i think its a bit wet, and the brakes are not that great. Probably not been changed for a while.

Whats the routine for doing it, i have the eazybleed kit that uses a spare wheel. Its pretty old now tho.

Also i have a bottle of brake fluid, its sealed but has been sat in the garage for years, is it going to be any good?

Cheers
Rusty_CallyT

by yunis » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:44 pm

brake fluid absorbs moisture if left standing for long, buy some castrol responce super 4.1 dot imo better that dot 5! sharper responce and hardly any fade for road use
yunis

by Mark1 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:49 pm

I've been using 5.1 for years and always found it to work well, to be on the safe get some new fluid.
Mark...........It's Red........It's a V6............It's an SE9!..............and She's bad.
Mark1@clubcalibra.net

ClubCalibra Best Presented 2006
ClubCalibra Best Presented 2010
ClubCalibra Best Interior 2011

My Garage
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

by Rusty_CallyT » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:50 pm

cheers for the info, will see what i can afford, its not essential at the mo as its not going anywhere
Rusty_CallyT

by yunis » Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:09 am

dot 5.1 give a more spongy feel than 4.1 also 4.1 is more stable and does not absorb moisture as easily. around a track day 4.1 performed better than 5.1
yunis

by SprintV8 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:26 am

will see what i can afford.

Pardon
See what I can afford,
A bottle a brake fluid must be cheaper than repairing the front end of your car let alone someone else's.
SprintV8

by Rusty_CallyT » Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:38 am

yer but the diff between new dot 4.1 or 5.1 is gonna be small compared to whats in there at the mo (needs changing) but as the cars off the road for ages theres no point in doing it now, by the sound of it 4.1 will be what i will get
Rusty_CallyT

Dump valve

by yunis » Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:43 am

lol yeah even if its 20 quid its the difference between and crash and safe braking, std cally brakes are s***e..
yunis