Gmax Suspension Kits

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

by cookie_8v » Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:27 pm

Hi Guys

Does anyone have any experiance with these kits ?

Thanks
Dave
cookie_8v

by gazza1591 » Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:44 pm

i had one on my old saxo and didnt get on with it.i have gone for koni for my calibra just waiting to get it fitted
gazza1591

oil/volt gauges

by RobbieV » Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:14 pm

Fitted Gmax 40 mm lowering springs to my cally over 6 months ago, Great ride nice height and no problems, Iam happy with them [img]/smile.gif[/img]
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by tamo » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:41 pm

Where did you pick up the springs from and how much were they.
Got a 2ltr 16 valve k plate red top
Had a load of mods and its kicks out 180bhp but the suspension ive got at the mo is shocking any help would be much appreciated,cheers.
tamo

by RobbieV » Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:52 am

Got mine from Ebay, brand new £60 [img]/smile.gif[/img]
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

RE: Re: RE: Top Hat heaven

by Col » Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:28 am

just ordered a kit £197 + £9 delivery from <a href="http://www.proven-products.co.uk/" target="_blank">http://www.proven-products.co.uk/</a>
thanks to Maverick for the link

nice fiendly service on the phone & next day delivery :thumb:
Col

by trev150 » Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:38 pm

I had g-max on my red top sri mk3 cavalier. To be honest is was probably the worst suspension package i have ever bought.
Before that i had AVO adjustables on my nova GSI which were superb but they were very pricey.
Before that (going back a while now) i had a mk2 cavalier convertable which was running jamex suspension which has gone bust now, but they weren't too bad.
My last car was a mk4 Astra Sport which had Apex suspension kit on it, to be perfectly honest that suspension was good and for it's price made it an ideal choice.
I'm after a V6 cally now and i think that Koni's will be this choice.

Hope it helps

trev
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by angelus » Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:56 pm

hi mate, i had GMAX 40mm springs/shocks on my mk2 astra SRi, awful,sure it cornered well but if you hit a cats eye you were winded and lost a filling,a pot hole you broke a rib and lost a tooth,save your money and get spax or koni so you get a better all round ride
angelus

RE: Is this a Coscast?

by parrstar » Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:44 pm

ive just bought the 40mm springs for my turbo, not overly impressed, hasnt made any difference to the ride height at all! well, bugger all (less than 1cm i reckon) the ride is good, better than standard springs, turns in faster, less roll, more taught springier feel, the 4x4s stick like s**t to a blanket neways but its just improved it that bit further.

So for ride i cant fault them, lowering hmmm, i might have well as not bothered!
parrstar

by gran » Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:56 pm

HOW MANY MORE TIMES?

you get what you pay for, spend that little bit extra and get konis! [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]
gran

by FatLadZ » Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:22 pm

or get sponsorship and get them for free [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]
FatLadZ

RE: Irmscher Camber Correction Bushes...

by gran » Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:34 pm

even before the sponsorship i had koni sport adjustables with -35mm ROC springs. was a great setup till i went and runied it with 19's!
gran

RE: knocking from o/s when turning right

by Fostersice17 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:38 pm

I have the koni adjustable's with koni springs,Great handling but are very hard even on the softest setting.I had H & R before and they were crap,Only had em on the car for 3 weeks!!
Fostersice17

by Col » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:53 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-parrstar+--><div class='quotetop'>(parrstar)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->ive just bought the 40mm springs for my turbo, not overly impressed, hasnt made any difference to the ride height at all! well, bugger all (less than 1cm i reckon)
So for ride i cant fault them, lowering hmmm, i might have well as not bothered!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

how long have they been on ?
mine have taken three weeks to bed in and have just about settled now. looks just right
Col

by FatLadZ » Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:32 am

mine took a few mins before they felt great
FatLadZ

Next