anti roll bar link / wishbone, differences 4x4 / 16v

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

Coolant Fan stays on... CallyT

by ROG » Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:32 pm

Ive got to change the anti roll bar links, and the rubber bushes on the wishbone to subframe, so ive decided to get new wishbones as its easier than fitting the rubbber bits to it, is there a difference between the different callys, the local shop has `cally wishbones for £20 each, for my year car, but it doesnt list the turbo 4x4 just ecotec, are they the same?,
without taking the wheels of, there are bolt on antiroll bar links and press on ones, is there a year that they changed?, the cars a 95 turbo.
thanks,
ROG

by Mel » Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:29 pm

AFAIK, the wishbones will be the same . But, from memory-when I did mine, thereare 3 thicknesses of anti roll bar. Well thats what my local VX parts dept told me. My drop links are of the press on nylon type, and I was supplied with the correct size from VX when they entered my VIN. So, you need to check whether you have the bolt on or press on type, and then find the correct size using the VIN. I think the drop links were less than £10 from VX. Wishbone overhaul kits were £30 ish so A complete whishbone for £20 sounds a bargain!
Mel

by ROG » Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:29 pm

had a look, its the bolt on type antirollbar ends, so 2 wishbones 2 rollbar ends with all the rubber bits / ball joint on the wishbone total price £49 at local motorfactors.
just got to fit them now, at least there the easy bolt on ends.
ROG