steering noise

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

by milli » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:55 am

can anybody advise me as what could be wrong with my steering i own a 94 cally turbo 4x4 and when i fisrt start the car up i get a loud whirring noise from the steering which goes after about five minutes of driving. I had a problem about 6 months ago where a hose onto the rack split which i replaced and the steering was fine until about 2 weeks ago when the noise started i checked the fluid but it seems to be pink and now im getting a plastic burning smell as well the car is off the road for a few weeks so i need to sort it out ?????????
milli

by SukySaggi » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:43 am

Check the level of the PAS fluid.
SukySaggi

Respray pics - I'm in love!!

by milli » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:51 pm

ive checked the level and it seems fine on the dip stick i did as it said and pumped the brakes about 25 times. Do you think i should change the fluid and if so where do i empty it from and how ?
milli

Wheel Locking Nuts

by stevo » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:11 pm

is fluid a dark mucky colour??
might be worth changing it with fresh fluid, as old fluid breaks down and sometimes blocks pipes.

does ur 4x4 work ok?
stevo

The new sony PSP.ok now he has it with new pics.

by ROG » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:34 pm

mines started doing this, ive been told its the pas pump, thats were the noise seems to come from although as i get 40 whooses from the pas fluid test, ive also been told its the accumulator on the way out., mine does it on starting until hot, or on parking.
ROG

RE: URGENT PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT !!!!!

by milli » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:56 pm

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->is fluid a dark mucky colour??<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
no the fluid is a pinky colour its only been in for about 6 months. the 4x4 seems to be working fine.
milli

by bodgetastic » Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:54 pm

Mines been whining for a couple of days, whoops! Hope I havent killed the pump or damaged the rack! Just topped it up but will need to do a fluid change. What fluid is recommeded?
More power than God
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

RE: anyone come up with a name for these?

by Stupink » Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:11 pm

could be the pump going, i dont know what they sound like, but the burning might be the belt slipping if the pump becomes too stiff... i really dont know what to suggest without being able to see it, i would take it somewhere to have it looked at.. unexpected PAS failure can be quite dangerous even if you do have the build to be able to continue to steer the car, the steering on the cally is VERY heavy when the pas goes. been there dont that..
Toyota Mr-2 roadster turbo
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Magnex exhaust

by bodgetastic » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:18 pm

Is Dexron alright to use?
More power than God
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

by SukySaggi » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:16 am

Yeah, Dexron is what Vauxhall sold me.
SukySaggi